Question for Reefgeek

Elmo18

Come on Ilham just because he took his money back without even PM,ing the guy he bought them from about having a problem or asking for a replacment pack.

Or that he was rude and short when he finally responded to tfp's email's, or that just to hide on RC he had to make up a new screenname and start a thread with "hello I am new here" that ended up getting "moved on"

Do those things sound like the actions of someone who wanted to cheat someone?

As a new member to this forum, I find this aggressive behaviour disconserting.

If you have an issue with "reefgeek84" then you should email him. If he doesn't answer you, then confront in private.

At this point all I can think is that I hope I don't want to do anything that involves Elmo18. He apparently publically shares problems that don't involve him, with everyone else he can come into contact with.

If I wasn't as old as I am, I might be offended, and assume "everyone" in the group is this way. This is not the way we need to introduce ourselves to the new people to our hobby, or this group.

Now I am not currently a PNWMAS member, and I know my opinion will probably be disreguaded as such by many because of that fact. But let me state, that I have held offices in other similar clubs, and this type of behaviour, causes more problems than it could ever fix.

It is quite possible that there is more to story than is posted on this forum or the one where it originated. I sell consumable things to people everyday, sometimes people take advantage of the fact that the things I sell are consumable and steal them. So I know that that scenario is possible, but the other scenario is possible also. Perhaps the "complaintant" isn't sharing what has trianspired between him and "reefgeek84", is it worth the division that this causes, smearing his name all over the forum? I refer back to my personal history, and say "No, not at all"

Mods, I ask that you close/lock this thread, or delete it, and do so to any similar thread about this issue. It truely only involves two people, and until "elmo18" can show that "reefgeek84" caused damage to some other party, it doesn't need to be shared with the rest of this wonderful group.

Sincerely,

Now I am not currently a PNWMAS member' date=' and I know my opinion will probably be disreguaded as such by many because of that fact. [/quote']

I don't think this is the case. I just became a "member" last month, but have been posting here since February. I don't think the oppinion that other have of me or what I say is based on "membership." It does have to do with how I interact with them and how I handle situations.

I agree with defigart. If there is a problem, try to first handle it in private. Most of the time it is just a misunderstanding.

I have only met Brandon once, and the time that I interacted with him was positive. Let him tell his side of the story, and let's be mature about this.

dsoz

Guest Moderator1

We knew when we opened up this forum that it was something that could get out of hand in a hurry. Many thought that it was important to be able to reward both businesses and members alike when they had good transactions. On the flip side, members wanted to be able to warn others when a transaction went bad.

Reefgeek is more than welcome to state his side of the story and clear things up, but as far as I know he has not had a bad transaction on this site. The complaint came off of the RC site. Elmo18 is just bringing the complaint to our attention.

This thread is being closely monitored, and will not be allowed to become a flame-fest. A question has been asked about a transaction that did not meet each parties expectations.

Let this be a warning....

If we cannot be civil in this feedback forum, the entire forum will be removed.

Reefgeek is more than welcome to state his side of the story and clear things up, but as far as I know he has not had a bad transaction on this site. The complaint came off of the RC site. Elmo18 is just bringing the complaint to our attention.

I was about to buy a UV from reefgeek but when I saw that thread on RC I had my reservations. I am glad that it was brought to my attention.

All details aside. How can one purchase frags from a fellow reefer in another state, receive them, and do a CC chargeback without providing proof that the frags didn't make it. Trust me when I say that I would have replied to the original RC thread, proving my case. I probably would have made my own thread.

It's pretty simple to lay out the dead frags on a table and snap a pic to send to the seller. Would have saved alot of trouble.

I was about to buy a UV from reefgeek but when I saw that thread on RC I had my reservations. I am glad that it was brought to my attention.

All details aside. How can one purchase frags from a fellow reefer in another state, receive them, and do a CC chargeback without providing proof that the frags didn't make it. Trust me when I say that I would have replied to the original RC thread, proving my case. I probably would have made my own thread.

It's pretty simple to lay out the dead frags on a table and snap a pic to send to the seller. Would have saved alot of trouble.

I don't believe that he can reply to that thread as I was told he was banned from RC. I do not know the length of the ban or the reason. Again, being the devils advocate, reefgeek has not had a bad transaction that I know about on this site. Most people that I have spoken with that have done business with him were satisfied. Whether or not things have changed, I do not know.

Jay

Have you ever had a transaction go bad on RC? Once ppl jump on the bandwagon (just like a few of you have already done), trying to plead your side of the story is a waste of time.

I've bought many things from Brandon, frags on several occasions, a skimmer, and soon some bulbs. Never once has the transaction been less than perfect.

I don't believe that he can reply to that thread as I was told he was banned from RC. I do not know the length of the ban or the reason. Again, being the devils advocate, reefgeek has not had a bad transaction that I know about on this site. Most people that I have spoken with that have done business with him were satisfied. Whether or not things have changed, I do not know.

Jay

Would it not have been an issue if he provided proof to the seller that the frags didn't make it?

The thread on RC was started over 2 weeks ago, and it looks like reefgeek was "moved on" a day or 2 ago.

This thread is open, and he is not 'Moved On" from here.

Have you ever had a transaction go bad on RC? Once ppl jump on the bandwagon (just like a few of you have already done), trying to plead your side of the story is a waste of time.

I've bought many things from Brandon, frags on several occasions, a skimmer, and soon some bulbs. Never once has the transaction been less than perfect.

No I haven't.

If it were me, and I had people who knew me on multiple boards I would at least TRY to shed some light on the situation.

It's pretty simple. Take a pic of the dead frags, e-mail to seller, THEN figure out a way to either get replacement frags, or a refund.

Try ordering $300 worth of frags from liveaquaria.com and then do a credit card chargeback without provining proof that the frags died or were unhealthy.

Perhaps he did and they could not come to a solution?

You only know half the story here, but that didn't stop you from jumping on the guys back and going along for the ride. Whats the point in Brandon giving his account here when you have already jumped to judgement?

Sorry it has taken so long to respond...been a rough weekend, with my skimmer flooding my floor...

Thanks to who have defended me... To the others that wish to not do business with me, that is fine.

First I never responded on RC, because it would become a pissing match, of "he said, she said" proportions.

I received the corals, and most were DOA (others just took longer to die)...So I contacted the seller via, email, so I would have some proof in concrete evidence for my case...never heard from the person, tried for roughly a week, did not hear anything...so I went with the charge back, and then all of the sudden I hear from him...interesting... I told him I had emails to prove it and he said, emails can be forged so that holds no water...not sure what else I can have to prove my case...

As for the phone number on the air bill...I rarely put my phone number on it and alot of the experiences I have had not alot of people put theres on there...I just threw it away, that was my fault. That is my side, whether someone wants to believe me or not is up to them...

It is funny, I have sold alot of stuff on here and it has turned out very but that apparently does not factor into my credibility...

This is all I am going to say about it, I have stated my peice and I have nothing further to say on this matter...

Again thanks to all who defended me...

Well as they say most people only complain/comment when its bad. Sounds to me like the shipping co let the package get cold in transit (air freight) and probably hot on the ground in the warehouse. It was a hot week and probably not the best time to be shipping corals. Its to bad you guys could not have communicated better.

Perhaps he did and they could not come to a solution?

You only know half the story here, but that didn't stop you from jumping on the guys back and going along for the ride. Whats the point in Brandon giving his account here when you have already jumped to judgement?

Perhaps he didn't.

Even though I know less than half of the story, the only thing I am leary about is the lack of proof of the dead frags.

I am not jumping his back, I'm only asking for him to clear this up with proof the frags didn't make it. I have no dog in this fight, nor any qualms with Brandon, but I just can't get past the simple point that no proof was ever shown.

Well as they say most people only complain/comment when its bad. Sounds to me like the shipping co let the package get cold in transit (air freight) and probably hot on the ground in the warehouse. It was a hot week and probably not the best time to be shipping corals. Its to bad you guys could not have communicated better.

Yep! It's quite possible that it was a shipping screw-up. Even more of a reason to take pics and work something out to get replacement frags. It wouldn't be Brandon's fault if the frags didn't make it in shipping.

Lets not fuel the flames here guys, first and foremost if I was to ship something I would make sure the buyer and seller have good contact information, phone, email, physical address. I cant state this enough.

Second, RG you should have contacted the seller by any means, if that fails contact the shipping company ASAP, preferably inspect while they are there and note the damage in the bill or refuse.

Third and I have had to do this multiple times, small claims court to get it settled by an outside source (usually I only do this for blatant disregard to the problem)

I am however surprised that your CC company would authorize the chargeback, I think this would be required to be settled between you, shipping co, and the shipper.

On a side note I hope you guys get it resolved in an adult manner, I think enough has been said without getting out of control.

A full credit card chargeback is at a minimum still ripping off the seller of the shipping charges.

Thats not even speaking to the complete lack of communication that would result in doing a CC chargeback in the first place.

Ive never had a problem with you Brandon. But if they are all dead, you owe the man a picture and a refund of shipping charges.

Keep in mind that MOST individuals do not guarantee live arrival of their corals anyway. The people who practiuce good customer service do, myself included, but many do not. In reading his other feedback i think he is one who would. But you are forcing a arrive alive guarantee policy on him in this instance.

I was the first person to stand up for you in that thread on RC as ive never had a problem with you. But.......cant agree with your actions here. I was the first one to alert you about the thread on RC and was the first one to defend you on RC. You had well over a week...maybe two to respond to that thread on RC before you were banned

I for one am more concerned about the change of name to the "I an new here" post made on RC and the name change to Reefghoul.

I've bought frags from Brandon in the past with success - but subsequent attempts never worked. So either the PM on this site is toast or he chose to ignore me - either way, oh well.