Paratore's Frag Tank Build

Paratore

I wasn't a Vortech believer, but ever since I got an MP-40 I've been beyond impressed!

I mean just look at the torch's random and soft yet powerful flow caused by the MP-40 :) They are expensive little pumps but well worth the money in my opinion. Gonna look at getting an mp-10 for my future JBJ 45 build and a second MP-40 for the frag tanks :)https://vimeo.com/172010490

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paratore
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well not much has changed in the frag tank :) I did loose my purple torch while I was on vacation but I guess that's how it goes :/

But I did pick up two beautiful pieces this weekend. Got a sweet Aussie Gold torch from Jeff at Cuttlefish. 8d487454b2249cd31f650e2076827d12.jpg

And a Speckled Krakatoa from NanoReefer! This is his picture of the frag, his skills with a camera are killer! 53ef462df51996fc08636af00048c149.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Salem Premium Aquarium for this amazing clownfish pair. I think they are either dominos or extream misbars. Regardless, I'm super excited to have them and I can't wait for their full colors to come in :)6572f9c5eff569636d27372adc30a3a0.jpg

• Like 2

This is my goal for this winter. I plan to build a frag tank like this in my shed. Gonna be awesome.

It's awesome having a frag tank separate from your display. You always have a backup tank, and doing it in the shed keeps it all out of the house haha. I love having mine out there :) just make sure you insulate the shed. We did this and it made a huge difference.

The Reef Expo was crazy today! Thanks so much Rudy for hosting it. I wasn't able to stay too long because my family is leaving for vacation but that didn't stop me from buying a few new corals :)

Got a beautiful clam, Some awesome zoas (Bloodshots, black hole, blueberry fields, GB Java chaos, magicians, Darth Mauls, sunny Ds, and two unknowns) and two montis (sunset plating monti and a nice chunk of forest fire from the TFT program).

Thanks again for putting on this sweet get together Rudy! I can't wait for next year :)

480963251cead98688115424324842f1.jpg9fb0d322a15d1988e70eb226a3fc34a6.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got back from a two week vacation and everything seems to be doing fine. Although I did loose one of my torch colonies :/ I guess that's not to bad for not touching the tank in two weeks. Anyways, I took some pictures of the new Zoas along with a couple I've had for a while :)

da3f6c51c16a85decabdfcdd62da7ed4.jpg

Rastas

4abc4d6aae6549a464b1bb354b6fee37.jpg

(Can't remember, from Scott)

6d62968db5e12483f51c4d96496abbd6.jpg

Red Spackled (AKA JF Askrak)

43e564f87e5dec2477578266feb6ec55.jpg

Darth Mauls

0b35a7edead9fde281d75154aa69c3e0.jpg

GB Java Chaos

7b39248b7c79e60a1a598741fbc656f9.jpg

JF Bloodshots

Edited by Paratore
  • Like 1

Thank you for the kind words :) I'm about to leave for a month but when I get back you are more than welcome to rummage through the tank and see what you like! I'm gonna frag a bunch of stuff before I leave so it will all be ready when I get back. Gonna have Rastas, JF Askraks, utter chaos, Sunny Ds, GB Java chaos...just to name a few Zoas. Should also have some Euphyllia and acans :)

Under the racks is just sand and sometimes GSP that I pull out of the display, along with some shrooms. Thanks for following along! :)

I'm sure there'll be more but put me down for some sunny d's. I had a good colony but accidentally threw the rock in my saltwater res and didn't notice until they were already gone. I'm always after bright stuff so thank you for the offer, I will take you up on it.

Plus I just love seeing tanks. :)

• Like 1