Paratore's Frag Tank Build

Paratore

Nice looking utter chaos, those are on my wish list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they were on mine for so long! Not to many of them around here, I would love to spread them around but they refuse to grow...

I actually got mine on a family trip to San Jose, California lol! 29 hours in a bag before they saw my tank :)

• Like 1

Finally got a real sump! Swapped out the cooler for a 50 gallon AIO. In the rear middle chamber is the frag tank return and the far right is a little maxi jet to circulate water to the front. Going to make the front a place for growing cheato and keeping my live rock :)29aaac46b06a5979345dee98b8664708.jpgb267bf4d59c51bcddef544b20cb4cd39.jpg

• Like 3

:laugh: Is that a mini grocery basket you got there for macros?

it might be [emoji23]

I found it at my grandmas house and thought "man this would work well" so I use one for anemones and one for macros lol!

it might be [emoji23]

I found it at my grandmas house and thought "man this would work well" so I use one for anemones and one for macros lol!

That is awesome!

Let's just hope it's not leeching any phosphate or even worst, i used to use those little black potting baskets but was told they could leech phosphate and mine grew a lot of hair algae so i ditched them. But dang those look perfect! 

Well I had a bit of an ALK issue. My SPS were kind of angry with me over the last few days so I had TPA in Salem test my water at my alk was at 6! Slowly bringing that back up.

But on a better note, I scored some gems from both TPAs this weekend. Got a beautiful purple with white tip torch and some orange and yellow yumas!

884e0a4fe425edc73209c9be5b54f909.jpg90c6bda0afb78c384f4838ca5d6612fc.jpg

Got my alk back in check but my SPS took a big hit :( lost most of my pieces. You could say I'm pretty discouraged about sps. :(

On a different note, I fragged my JF Askraks [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] it was pretty nerve racking lol. Got 4 frags and my mother colony so fingers crossed they don't melt on me :)

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the SPS:/

Me too:/ hate watching coral die... They just didn't like the big alk dip. It dropped all the way down to 6 dkh.

How did that happen? Doser stop working?

I think it was a mixture of things. There was some salt slightly plugging the dosing lines and recently I added a ton of LPS to the tank and I didn't think about them sucking no the alk and cal out of the water. So I never upped my dosage. And Last, the mag was super low which I think threw the cal and alk out of balance. :/

Still got my superman, lavender mint, sunset Millie, alt shades of fall, red planet, PC rainbow (but it's slowing bleaching I think) and some birdsnest.

My LPS didn't even flinch haha

Lps and zoas are way more fun and hardier!!!

Dude couldn't agree more haha. With the big alk drop and then spike, the LPS didn't even flinch and the Zoas only kinda closed up. Meanwhile most my sps threw a fit and bleached out lol.

Also gonna start keeping mushrooms :)

Got a few jawbreakers and my dad just bought a Bounce on eBay! So I'll have pictures of that soon :) He loves his mushrooms haha.

• Like 1