Paratore's Frag Tank Build

Paratore

Hey what method of fragging are you using for your polyps? I have some nice Grandis I'd like to cut up for trade but really have no idea where to start.

I use a razor blade and tweezers :) basically just slice between the polyps on the thin skin and pull apart. Then glue the bad boys down to plugs :) zoas are really hardy and it's difficult to mess up fragging them as long as you don't cut through the polyp itself. Does that make since? Hard to explain over Tapatalk lol. I could try making a video when I'm home this weekend :) got lots more fragging to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! You gonna be selling some?:)

Yes I will be :) still got more fragging to do, gonna do acans tomorrow haha.

I've been mostly gearing up for the Dec. 10th meeting :) plan to sell/trade a lot!

Not sure if you like doing it but I really like bigger Frags if you are willing I'd love to get a couple big ones:)

it I haven't already fragged it into smaller pieces, I would be happy to cut bigger frags for you! Shoot me a PM with what you're looking for and I'll let you know what I've got :)

Do your lights get any whiter than that throughout the day?

not a whole lot. It's my frag tank so I don't care to much about the white lol. I think blues are at 65 and whites at 15 :) when I take pics of frags, it will contain a lot more white to help with true colors :)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some awesome new zoas the other day! They need a little rest and recovery (small crash in the previous tank) but they are looking good and should color back up nicely over the next few weeks. Thanks again Salt Creep for these killer zoas!

Ultimate Corals Arch Mage, LC Petroglyphs, JKR Crab Nebulas, Butt Munchers, Tyree Orange Rainbow, LC Pink Krakens, OG Vampires, captain America, and Electric Umpa Lumpas. 806c9be67fc2e5050bb069d3e4f0befc.jpg

• Like 1

This game existed Long before the "pocket monster" fad, and nice looking pack man, gotta snag some of those once they grow out for you. Also the tank is lookin good there my friend, let me know when you need some acros again.

Although I have seen some "evolve" over time and I swear their battle rankings go up or down sometimes...Go Team Mystic?

• Like 1

This game existed Long before the "pocket monster" fad, and nice looking pack man, gotta snag some of those once they grow out for you. Also the tank is lookin good there my friend, let me know when you need some acros again.

Although I have seen some "evolve" over time and I swear their battle rankings go up or down sometimes...Go Team Mystic?

Thanks, I was pretty excited for this pack. The color spread is awesome! I really like the Butt munchers, they have a really nice yellow color! I'll definitely let you know when I've got frags available in the future! I lost my love for acros after an all drop killed every piece in my collection :( but I'm gonna give them another shot in my dads 180 when we finish rebuilding it! So I'll be hitting you up in a few months :)

Lol this post made me chuckle pretty hard.  I haven't been doing it as long as you guys but I've already seen some weird morphs and behavior.  I keep telling myself I'm not a polyp guy but I just keep ending up with more.  They definitely elicit the collector mentality and scratch that same kind of itch.  

I love collecting all the different kinds haha! I like seeing all the different color combos and sizes :) "gotta collect them all!"

It's been pretty fun watching your collection grow.  I have to say, that Utter Chaos I got from you a while back has gotten me more enthused about polyps in general.  The zoa so pretty it made me a believer!  :angel:

Lol this post made me chuckle pretty hard. I haven't been doing it as long as you guys but I've already seen some weird morphs and behavior. I keep telling myself I'm not a polyp guy but I just keep ending up with more. They definitely elicit the collector mentality and scratch that same kind of itch.

It's been pretty fun watching your collection grow. I have to say, that Utter Chaos I got from you a while back has gotten me more enthused about polyps in general. The zoa so pretty it made me a believer! :angel:

The utter chaos is one of my favorite zoas! Zoas are the way to go. I was an SPS guy for a while but I always come back to zoas. They are so pretty, grow fast and generally hardy! You just gotta get some more colorful zoas, and you'll be a full fledged believer!