New place=new tank setup...

kriz2fer

So we just got new place and I will be transferrring everything from my 60g over to the 80g. My tank is stocked with 90% sps so I will have some things floating lol

Here is the tank and stand 48x20x21

61d3adda.jpg

The sump I will be using 30x15x16 wanted bigger but return pump is to large

44361e89.jpg

The plumbing so far

da18f669.jpg

Doing the first leak test

bfdc9dae.jpg

Looks good had a leak at the bulkhead cause I forgot the gasket lol

8ec364c9.jpg

Finished the rock scape wanted a more open look this time

fc6fdb1a.jpg

Getting things hooked up

05ec404a.jpg

Filling with water....jeez this took forever

be4cf1bd.jpg

Got this at upscales in there 15 dollar bin 8 months ago 2 inch frag

6cb4e392.jpg

still cant decide how I should mount the apex

d6cc9c05.jpg

Still running my aquarium plants reg...world best..lol

7758da1d.jpg

My calcium reactor...this things a beast

f5522f85.jpg

sump is a mess still need to get things organized

c57182cf.jpg

AND THE NEXT MORNING ......

I lost about half my sps and 3 fish have died so far....bummer will post more pic when I get off work

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer about the sps. You should of used an elbow to put the sump in sideways instead of straight out like that. Would of saved some room for a bigger sump. The new tank looks good! We'll need to see some more pics once things get settled.

Sorry to hear that you've lost some SPS corals. It is a love and hate hobby. I lost quite a few in the last couple of weeks due to the fluctuations of alkalinity. Mine dropped all the way down to 5 and some of them just bleached out within a day or two. I hope you will bounce back with more corals in your new tank.

Yeah I do. The first thing I did wrong was I had the live rock out of water while I was gluing the sps, this caused a lot of die off from the rock which caused my ammonia to spike VERY high. The other thing I did wrong was not having the new water heated up enough, I think it was at 72F. My wife put a lot of pressure on me to get the tank out on sunday so I had to rush the make up water.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes very clean looking, I had that going at one time, many tanks ago-LOL

Just curious, what was the reason (if any) for the decision to change to the dosing? I thought about it myself but the cost was prohibitive on my scale-it was however "neat" to see my PH in the 8.26 range when I was dosing the soda ash from BRS.

Looking good thats for sure

Yes very clean looking, I had that going at one time, many tanks ago-LOL

Just curious, what was the reason (if any) for the decision to change to the dosing? I thought about it myself but the cost was prohibitive on my scale-it was however "neat" to see my PH in the 8.26 range when I was dosing the soda ash from BRS.

Looking good thats for sure

Man at our old place I had a tank room. There was holes drilled in the wall and all the equipment was mounted in the room behind the tank. Now I have just a stand to place things and with a little baby always trying to open the stand doors, things get crazy with a co2 bottle just sitting there so I moved on to dosing. Its really simple with a stand alone doser, you just set it to how many ml you want per day and it splits the dose into as many times as you choose.

• 1 month later...