Welcome to the Coral Crackhouse! A day in the life of an addict! Pic heavy version!

Emerald525

Yesterday was another fun busy day. I thought I would share a typical fish geek day for Beth and me and also give some props along the way! The things I love about this hobby is that the people you meet ar as fun and interesting as the corals and fish!(clap)(clap)It takes a special kind of dedication (addiction (nutty)(nutty)) to jam pack your tank full of coral like we do!(laugh)(laugh)

Beth and I set off to meet MattV, Reefnjunkie and Mr. S at Golden Basket at 9am. It's a good thing I'm a morning person!(clap)Brad as usual was talking 100 miles an hour and messing with Beth as she was guarding the green BTAs she was interested in..(laugh)

Mattv dropped off the sweet frag rack he built us! It has over 300 holes in it! More room for frags!(dancing)He did a nice job! He does great acrylic work and I find these are much more algae resistant than the egg crate that we were using! Thanks again Matt you did an awesome job!(rock2)(rock2)(clap)(clap)

DSC00697ARW.jpg

DSC00699ARW.jpg

Matt custom made this for us so it fit perfectly in the frag tank! Look at all that room for frags!

DSC00725ARW.jpg

Then Beth picked up the chalice we won and the the Acan rotundoflora that we won on ebay from Golden Basket! We also picked up 2 nice Green BTAs but I can't get a good picture as they are in the maxi mini hotel. There is too much flow in our anemone tank so we try to target feed and let the smaller anemones grow and acclimate before putting them in the main tank. I'm a little more careful when the anemones are not tank raised. You can see one of them at the top edge. They are very nice (drooler)We also picked up another maxi mini! Golden basket has some nice stuff just don't bid against me...(nono)(laugh)

DSC00766ARW.jpg

DSC00770ARW.jpg

DSC00776ARW.jpg

Then I rode with Mr. S (Roger) in his sexy white truck to the bank that Aquaticengineer (Stu) was working to pick up the Tigriopus pods (we can't call them Tigger pods due to copyright rules(nono) ). Only a fish geek would bring a big green 2 liter bottle to work!(laugh) Mr. S and I were like dumb and dumber with that little adventure. Roger went in to deposit some checks and came back out empty handed. I was like Roger , dude did you get the pods? DOH! So he went back in introduced himself and picked up a nice 2 liter bottle of pods for Mr. Wheeling (Adventist school) Thanks again Stu!(clap)(clap) It's always fun hanging out with you Roger!(clap)(clap) Other teachers if you are interested in pods. Fish go crazy for them. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?31844-Any-TFT-interested-in-free-tigriopus-cultures-to-grow-out

Beth and I had to meet our tax accountant. Oh how I hate when day to day stuff gets in the way of our fish geek dayDOH!. I met Beth back up at Rosecity and Roger and Lowman met up. Maybe Roger will put up his own fish geek day but the pictures will be really really bad!(laugh)(laugh) I picked up some of Roger's cool and amazing new flower power plugs. These are sweet! If you need frag plugs! Roger is your man! You can also get these at Rosecity, The Premium Aquarium and there is a big box frag plugs on my front porch!(laugh)

Sweet frag plugs. These are great for zoas as zoas always eventually grow off the side of the frag plug onto the rack! Great design

DSC00647ARW.jpg

I also picked up these sweet looking Mohawks from Mr. S! (drooler) in trade

DSC00763ARW.jpg

After our tax appointment.....(bored) Beth the numbers queen did most of the talking we found out we were getting more money on our return! Thanks Beth! We can buy more coral now!(clap)(clap) Dougnabbit came by and picked up some corals. Nice meeting you Doug! Then Jawfish (Val) stopped by to pick up her Joker favia that she won in the March new member drive!(clap)(clap) Congrats Val! You got the nicest prize IMO. She's from Corvallis where fish stores are limited so I also sold her a few zoas and things cheaply! It was nice to meet you Val and have another woman in the hobby!(clap)(clap) We both agree the colored sticks just aren't exciting enough to be worth all the trouble!(laugh)(laugh)

Then Reefsafari (David) came by and picked up his OME and he also bought the psychadelic chalice. I always love seeing you David. I wish you lived closer! I'm glad you decided to stick with the hobby and that you are venturing into the dangerous world of chalice addiction!(naughty) Loved meeting your dog too!(clap)(clap)

Then we finally got to see Mr. Bret's tank. I wish you weren't all the way in Hillsboro.. He spent a lot of time at Tim's at Westside and it shows. He has a very nice tank and those who miss Tim's show tank (sad) Bret's tank looks a lot like it! Bret has some very nice high end corals and takes really good care of his stuff!(clap)(clap) If he ever posts up a sale thread jump on it! He has great prices and really really nice stuff! (drooler) It's definitely just worth seeing his tank! I'm not much of a stick fan but the icefire echinata was sweet!(drooler) The pearlberry I sold him is looking awesome too! I picked up some nice stuff as well as a chalice for Kris. I just missed Roger and Lowman apparently... Roger I gave Bret some of your flower power plugs too!

Here's the red watermelon that I got that 3 other people wanted! (laugh) Fast fingers and tapatalk paid off again! (clap)

DSC00737ARW.jpg

Picked up a nice frag of the Tyree bubblegum monster. I lost mine so glad to replace it cheaply!(clap)

DSC00738ARW.jpg

Got the PPES at a steal. He got these from Isaac TCM Aquatics who got them from the original namer. These used to go for 40 to 50 dollars per polyp

DSC00761ARW.jpg

And I traded a Cali tort for this nice Tyree Robakaki. I hope to do some trades with you again Bret! You have some nice stuff!

DSC00759ARW.jpg

By the way his corals grow really fast... He is in the SPS GOC Reefnjunkie you have some serious competition....(scary)(scary)

Well there you have it! The revolving door known as the coral crackhouse. The money we made from our sale threads quickly went back to buy more corals!(laugh)(laugh)

I'm jealous! I hate where I live. Really wish I could be a part of these fish dork days more often.

Yeah John I wish you lived closer. I would be laughing so hard in a car ride with you and Reefnjunkie! And the proper term is fish geek (nono) not fish dork...(laugh)

Sounds like a great way to spend a day! (clap)

It was. Beth and I have talked about loading up the suburban and doing a tour of the fish stores. It seats 8! We never get tired of doing it.

I've been eyeing that chalice from GB for awhile. Glad to see it went to someone local.

Yeah me too.. When it is settled. I will get you a frag Jesse! The yellow eyes really catch your attention.

You take really nice pictures. Have you photoshopped your corals? (laugh)(laugh)(laugh) I've agreed with you that Brett has very nice tanks. I went to see Frank's tank today and it is amazing. I have to go there because I won't be able to go to the meeting this coming Saturday.

Yes, I also made the rounds with my buddy Bob. We visited several places and people. I am not at liberty to divulge where I went because most of you don't have that kind of security clearance!!! lol I like to do the reefer road trips at least once a month. It is a great way to spend the day!!!!

You take really nice pictures. Have you photoshopped your corals? (laugh)(laugh)(laugh) I've agreed with you that Brett has very nice tanks. I went to see Frank's tank today and it is amazing. I have to go there because I won't be able to go to the meeting this coming Saturday.

No photoshopping..(nono) They really do look that good!:D Yes Bret does have one of the nicest tanks. It does remind me of Tim's show tank. I can't wait to see Frank's new tank and LED setup at the meeting in a few weeks!(clap)(clap) Sorry you can't make it to the meeting. Someday I gotta see your tank!

Yes' date=' I also made the rounds with my buddy Bob. We visited several places and people. I am not at liberty to divulge where I went because most of you don't have that kind of security clearance!!! lol I like to do the reefer road trips at least once a month. It is a great way to spend the day!!!![/quote']

Would have been fun if we all could have gone together but then my stomach would have hurt from laughing so hard. (laugh)(laugh) And no need to reveal your secrets. What you and Bob do in private is your own business...:p

Wait' date=' aren't support groups supposed to help you off of your addiction?[/quote']

No Scott this forum is a support group to maintain the addiction or make it worse!(laugh)

Very nice frag rack! I need one of those.

Hit up MattV Danik. I"m sure he would do a trade for some of your sweet SPS(drooler) and we would even deliver it on another fish geek day at some point just to view your awesome tank!(clap)(clap) He did a great job on ours. Beth has been fragging all day to try to fill it up!(laugh)

Sounds like a great day (except for the tax man of course) :)

Great frag rack, if I ever set up a dedicated frag rack I know who to call.

Quick question, Is golden basket local? and if so can you pick up your goodies to avoid shipping? If so I'm so on that they seem to have nice stuff.

Well then I'm screwed. :)

Yes you are Scott! But at least you are in good company!(laugh)

That rack is going to fill up faster than you think;-)

Oh Matt you have no idea! Beth has been furiously fragging for 2 hours today trying to fill it up!(nutty)(laugh)

Sounds like a great day (except for the tax man of course) :)

Great frag rack, if I ever set up a dedicated frag rack I know who to call.

Quick question, Is golden basket local? and if so can you pick up your goodies to avoid shipping? If so I'm so on that they seem to have nice stuff.

Yes Golden Basket is local and you can pick up to avoid the shipping cost! Just don't bid against me okay!DOH!(laugh)

Yes Golden Basket is local and you can pick up to avoid the shipping cost! Just don't bid against me okay!DOH!(laugh)

Sweet, another outlet for my salty fix LOL.

I would never dream of bidding against you guys (againDOH!)

Sweet! I had a very similar weekend myself, Saturday morning at MrBret's and today at Madmike's. Two of the most incredible home tanks I've seen so far. Bret's stuff grows like wildfire! I was hoping that the nice weather was going to help refocus my addiction back to bikes, but didn't quite work out that way. Kim, it looks like you and Beth are about ready for a business license with that giant frag rack...

Sweet, another outlet for my salty fix LOL.

I would never dream of bidding against you guys (againDOH!)

LOL I seem to recall getting outbid in a certain TFT fundraising auction (nono)(laugh)

Sweet! I had a very similar weekend myself' date=' Saturday morning at MrBret's and today at Madmike's. Two of the most incredible home tanks I've seen so far. Bret's stuff grows like wildfire! I was hoping that the nice weather was going to help refocus my addiction back to bikes, but didn't quite work out that way. Kim, it looks like you and Beth are about ready for a business license with that giant frag rack...[/quote']

Yes the growth Bret gets is incredible. He has a good chance of winning the secret grand prize in the GOC competition

Sounds like an awesome day! I'll have to join in some time. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by my tank and need some inspiration ;)

Yes, we still need to take you around to the different fish stores! I have not forgotten Darice!

That's a pretty cool frag rack. And those corals are sweet as well.

Thanks Kris and your generous chalice frag is waiting for you! I will have to take pictures on how full it is now!

Thanks so much for the Chalices' date=' It was great seeing you two again! Sorry I couldn't stay longer, It was a beautiful drive up thw gorge though, Love the new setup you have! Thanks again for the hookup![/quote']

You're welcome David. I hope you had a good hike!

Archived