Reefnjunkie's 400 gallon inwall

reefnjunkie

Yeah all that "crap" from picture 6 and 7.

You should just give that all away. :)

DOH! Well I mean its clutter/crap, it does not belong there

Guess I'm not going to hit you up for anything for a few months then huh...

That sucks to hear that. Don't they just go after millie's and acros for the most part?

Going to need a larger frag tank if your going to QT all of those colonies..(sad)

QT "tanks" are already up and running. I plan to do an AEFW experience/treatment thread when I do it. They go after acros and dont discriminate. Granted of all the corals I have dipped less than 10% have even had a flat worm come off it, but last year I lost a colony to them and thought I got rid of them, maybe I did and then got them again I'm not sure.

I can say 90% (if not more) of what I have in my display is FW free, but I want to do it right since I have a few pieces that have encrusted.

its not going to be that bad, I have been planning this for at least a month and will have it down to a very easy task.

I'm not bummed plus when I'm done I plumbing one of the tanks into my current system so I'll have Grassi's old frag tank as new tank(clap)

Holy crap!(icon)

That is gorgeous!

Dennis

Thanks Dennis!

Looks good Reefy. All that constant wheeling and dealing has paid off but I still see a small corner of real estate left for more frags ;). Sucks about the AEFW. RTDs are no fun!

I'll have more room since I'll rescape some spots to, plus I have a few colonies I'm sort of tired at looking at.

Like I mentioned, I think I have about 5 acros that have or had FW, but if there is one, there 'cold be' more

Let me know if you need anything else' date=' Brad. Good luck. I'm posting my radion for sale asap.[/quote']

I saw today Ecotech released optics for their fixtures, you should try them first before selling. I'll be at the shop tomorrow morning if you're there we can discuss. My ballast on my dual galaxy keeps shutting down ( its one of the fixtures I'm using for my QT tank AEFW thread) so I need to find the problem with whats causing it.

Brad' date=' you told me before that there won't be any more frag tanks!(whistle) Sorry to hear that you have a lot of chores to do. Good luck.[/quote']

I really think I have mapped out to where it'll be quite the production line type of treatment and wont be to bad at all. It's my Red Planet I hate to remove since its really uncrusted. I could end up with 15 or 1/2" frags if it comes off the way it looks. Its that RP colony, my T. Pink Lemonade and my Oregon Torts that are encrusted pretty good that I am sad to stress out by removing them.

As to the frag tank, I had not planned on it but that one that Grassi had fits perfect between the Auto top off and my current frag tank. It'll be a little tight in one corner for viewing but I can dedicate it to all acans and zoas and the current frag tank can be chalices and SPS

Oh man this makes me want to set up a coral QT. If that's my old derasa, it sure has grown.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think what got me was the FW eggs, I dip everything but must have missed some eggs. Depending on a persons space they can be difficult to add but they can also be as simple as plastic tote, a small heater and power head. Going forward my QT will still be tied into my main tank but the return will go into its own filter sock so anything that would release will be caught in the micron sock. I really think it was the eggs like I mentioned, so closely inspecting every piece for bite marks and eggs will go along way and then just dip that piece over 2-4 weeks period before introducing it into your main tank. If after the first dip no bugs, I'ld wait another week and dip again and if still no bugs your probably ok. Given what I am going through it still would get 2 more dips and QT for 2 more weeks tho(laugh)

It still amazes me all the times I have seen people ( I used to be included in this group years ago) get frags from people, float them to temp and then jusT put them into the tank.

I can almost promise you not a single store in town does any type of QT (and rightly so, it would be nearly impossible) so its up to the individual.

Mitchell with heavy fingers I must type that your clam I got died. I have not idea WTH happened, it looked great mor about 6 weeks and then just slowly started to not open. i posted thread on R2R which is my other place I go and asked for ideas. I think it was a fish, maybe my malenarous (sp) wrasse or potters wrasse or shrimp picking at it, I dont know, and never will know (scratch)

I did get rid of those 2 wrasses but that really really really bummed me out (sad) that clam was gorgeous

I dip, then blast with a 3000 gph powerhead to try and get the eggs, but I've always been scared it wasn't enough.

I'm sorry the clam died on you. I always try really hard to sell people stuff I know is healthy, so hopefully it didn't have something wrong with it when you got it. One thing I do know is that I could never keep shrimp with it. That clam must have tasted like candy to my shrimp because no matter what I did it wouldn't leave the clam alone. I ended up having to make little cage around the clam until I could get rid of the shrimp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I know the clam was healthy and since you mention that about the shrimp that would be my guess, where the clam was placed was within a foot of where my two huge fire shrimp hang out. They have never bothered my other clams so I didnt think they were the reason but now Im thinking that was most likely the issue.

Everything I have read says you the eggs cant be blown off, maybe if you use a pressure washer (scary) but for the most part a dental type tool is best, I know youve heard the same.

I've done trades with people locally and when I dipped the frag I traded for FW came off and they did not realize their tank had them. I suspect there are MANY people's tanks who fall in that group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well its been months since any type of update but I have a lot of changes that have taken place, some as a result of unfortuante issues (AEFW for example-DOH! ) But in the end I have had a chance to learn a lot (granted it came at an expense) and was able to rescape the back of the tank and the right portion so I am very happy.

The AEFW treatment went horribly wrong and is all my fualt for being ignorant, but hindsight is always 20/20, and since the tank was empty of all the SPS I was able to do some changes

Ever since putting everything back in the tank and allowing some time for them to come back from me nearly killing everything, nearly all my acros I can say have never looked better. I have pieces that never showed signs of polyp extension that are all polyped up and growth is really taking off.

I finished off two more DIY LED fixtures this weekned and am so pleased with the lighting FINALLY.

Anyway I'll do more of a breakdown of changes but I had to wip the camera out tonight to see if I could capture some of what I see. The pics are not bad but in life its better.

Thanks for looking

Cyp.jpg

AcrosTD.jpg

Del.jpg

Tri.jpg

Jaq.jpg

WS.jpg

GB.jpg

PB-2.jpg

C5.jpg

C3.jpg

C2.jpg

C1.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback, I have always had a weakness for clams, and chalices, and sticks ,and acans, and, and .....

Ah the screen name fits so well-DOH!

I liked these shots I took earlier but I need to work on the camera settings, maybe when Frank comes over he can add that to the list of what he will help with-(whistle)

10-21l.jpg

10-21m.jpg

10-21c.jpg