Mojano Wand

rgrcrain

Kate I do have it. Are you coming to the meeting on Saturday? If so I can bring it to you then or I can take it back to OIAB. I do wish the action of returning the majano's was a little bit more dramatic but I will admit it does work and I'm ordered one for myself. One thing to advise you on though is to read the instructions. You can only use this for a certain amount of time per 24hrs. based on tank size.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am missing the meeting due to migraine... thanks though. I had been warned about using it for x amount of time by a friend who had access to a prototype unit. He was not entirely pleased but it beats letting the darn things go (: I have plans to use it in my 3 tanks and at work, and I might buy one too if it works out.

Thanks,

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody try this on Xenia yet?

Used it on xenia at the base, it was slow going but I think I got it fully removed. No point doing the whole animal, it would take forever. This thing is way slower going than I thought it would be, majano's took at least 3 days of applications and may still regenerate. Small aiptasia appear dead. Still a better tool than chemicals, as it does not drip on lower corals and clams like aiptasia X type products, and you can reach more pests. Have to frag the tank way back to get them all though, unfortunately. Oh well, snacks for filefish (:

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

So who gets this next, I think I am done... I killed some of the anemones but others retreated into their holes and split, so am actually propagating them. I am now going to lift the rocks and pipette the water out of their holes, then fill the hole with RO water and see what happens. If that does not work I am going to fill the holes with superglue or putty. Time for the nuclear option. Also wondering what I owe for rent-pest free frags? (:

Kate

• 9 months later...

I have used the wand and it does work quite well. It just takes a little time to zap the mojano.

I have always used straight muriatic acid in a syringe with a needle. You can inject the nem and it'll melt them instantly. The acid will dissolve surrounding LR and sand and re-buffer into the water, so you don't have to worry about lowering your tank's ph.

It will also work on any other coral you want to rid you tank of(naughty)

A gallon of muriatic acid costs $7-$8 and it'll last years.

If any one has one of these that they no longer want and would like to rent/loan/sell it send me a pm I would like to use it to control my blue cloves I love the little buggers but dont love them enough to have nothing but cloves in my system let me know what you have also I should mention that I dont want to drive real far portland or vancouver area thanks a bunch =)