Mojano Wand

rgrcrain

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kate you can borrow it for sure. At this point Tony at OIAB has it and I will be out of town until Thursday. Then you are welcome to use it. And I leave town for 3 or 4 days a week so you should have plenty of time to kill things.

p.s. we did try some of the nuisance palys and they take a little longer to kill than the mojanos.

ElectroKate / Kim....

Do you have pictures of your Hydroids? I'm wondering if they are the same pests I have been fighting for a year now? I'll try and snap a few pictures to night and post them up. In all honesty it is these dang hydroids that have almost caused me to exit the hobby. They have taken over some of my corals and I can't seem to get rid of them. I HAVE contained them to mainly one side of my tank, but has taken a lot of work to keep them contained.

ElectroKate / Kim....

Do you have pictures of your Hydroids? I'm wondering if they are the same pests I have been fighting for a year now? I'll try and snap a few pictures to night and post them up. In all honesty it is these dang hydroids that have almost caused me to exit the hobby. They have taken over some of my corals and I can't seem to get rid of them. I HAVE contained them to mainly one side of my tank, but has taken a lot of work to keep them contained.

Ours have not been that big of a problem. They look like long string tentacle type things. Roy was the one who told us what they were. We just scrub them off the rock with a toothbrush.

ElectroKate / Kim....

Ours have not been that big of a problem. They look like long string tentacle type things. Roy was the one who told us what they were. We just scrub them off the rock with a toothbrush.

I'm about to spend $40 on the giant jug of Aptaisia X' date=' but thinking I should invest in one of these instead. It would be very cool if the club bought a few and rented them out.[/quote']

How about paying for a membership instead. It's only 12 dollars right now and I will propose it to the club about getting one or 2 of these! I also think another par meter would be nice to have to loan out but not sure how much those cost.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Is it still at OIAB? I should probably give it a shot, the majanos are exploding, and there is one big aiptasia killing a bunch of coral where I can't get to it with the liquid stuff. Love how I clean my skimmers and find baby majanos inside... they must be bulletproof.

Kate

I have read that when you use this thing it spreads mojano like crazy making it return 10 fold. I have a huge mojano problem & wish there was a way I could at least control them. I guess time will be proof if this thing helps or hurts in the duration of things. How long has it been since first using this wand & do they really return x10.

Frank told me he got a file fish to take care of his mojanos.

I have read that when you use this thing it spreads mojano like crazy making it return 10 fold. I have a huge mojano problem & wish there was a way I could at least control them. I guess time will be proof if this thing helps or hurts in the duration of things. How long has it been since first using this wand & do they really return x10.