Free purple hornet?

vanz

Re: Free purple hornet?

Yah sounds like a good guy.

he sent me this in a message when I asked him about Ricordia....sounds nice for the asking price....makes me wish I knew what a Discoma was...guess I will Google it.

"Ive got better than ricordia.i have a showstopper discoma.thats right i said discoma but this thing takes the cake gold mouth and gold bumps with a pool of crystal blue around the mouth and the rest is pastel purple with gold slashes mixed in.It looks fake its so neat and since it grows fast...."

so the package arrived at noon, but they dropped it off at the office :( didnt find out till I called.....at 3p....acclimated for 45 minutes or so and tossed them into a relatively shaded spot....got pic's of box, containers, acclimation, and just after adding to my system...will post pic's soon

Quick note....Ron was quite generous for this whole ordeal...from the original offer to the delivery....polyps look to be in great condition.

so the package arrived at noon, but they dropped it off at the office :( didnt find out till I called.....at 3p....acclimated for 45 minutes or so and tossed them into a relatively shaded spot....got pic's of box, containers, acclimation, and just after adding to my system...will post pic's soon

Quick note....Ron was quite generous for this whole ordeal...from the original offer to the delivery....polyps look to be in great condition.

Cant wait to see the pics of the 2 faded polyps that you should have received-UNLESS of course you got preferential treatment-I sense the later-its all good bud-I'm just jealous

so the package arrived at noon, but they dropped it off at the office :( didnt find out till I called.....at 3p....acclimated for 45 minutes or so and

Cant wait to see the pics of the 2 faded polyps that you should have received-UNLESS of course you got preferential treatment-I sense the later-its all good bud-I'm just jealous

I am under the assumption that my order shipped due to the additions to the PH's....seriously that is what I think.

Ok...so here we go...

Package that arrived.

Box.jpg

Zoa's were sent in containers like this

Container.jpg

Acclimated them over a 45 minute period in this

DuringAcclimation.jpg

Mohawk's

Freebies4-15-10.jpg

Freebie's

Mohawks4-15-10.jpg

Snowpunk and my Purple Hornet's we had him send a 2 polyp frag vs 2 one polyp frags as it is going to be grown out in one tank then fragged.

PurpleHornets4-15-10.jpg

Red Hornet

RedHornet4-15-10.jpg

I don't really know if they are open or not yet. Those pic's were taken within the hour of adding them to the tank. I will snap some more if I get home before my lights turn off. If not then tomorrow when they open.

I am taking this one step at a time...I just wanna see em open tomorrow...then we focus on growth

Am I the only curious one(scratch)

What kind of deal/cost did you get or work out on the additional zoas-I did not even know they had things that were available, but that ties in with "the deal" portion?

None of my business is an ok answer as well-;)

spoke to Ron today and was informed that he is working on getting you guys shipped....I know most if not all of you guys already know the deal but if you guys want me to share the advice I was given regarding the PH's I would be more than happy to share....I didn't just post it as I don't want to send the wrong impression as I know many of you are already skilled in Zoanthid growth and care.

just thought I would give you guys the update I got.

ok....the system they are coming from is mogul based 250w set up with relatively old bulbs, so if you are like me running HQI DE you are going to want to keep them in a shaded spot for 7 to 10 days....also they are currently in little to know flow....basically what I was told was to avoid completely shocking them you should:

a) shaded for 1 week

b) do not place them in high flow

c) acclimate, acclimate, acclimate and slow at that.

when I first received the polyps I had them in semi shaded with med to high flow and the best I got in a day and a half was this

PurpleHornets4-15-10.jpg

talked to Ron and followed his advice of shaded and low....like real low flow and had this within 30 minutes of the move and today I noticed a runner

IMG_2332.jpg

You can see that even being in shade the polyps are still laying very close to the plug not wanting to open all the way.....in a few days I will move them to a tad bit more light and flow and then a week or so later they will be in high light med to high flow...I know Impur has some good info as well as he is getting some good growth. Apparently once adjusted to your systems they are relatively resilient and relatively fast growers....but if you don't acclimate and start in shade with no flow you will risk losing your polyps.

If there are any pointers or input you guys want or need just ask. I am not in any way shape or form trying to be arrogant....just want all of you to have either the same or better experience than I am having....I know Impur has been doing a great job with them and I don't know if there is any difference in his and mine/ours....but I do know with the older bulbs you can seriously traumatize these things if you aren't careful. He was very persistent with the shade...like no light....and low flow....like none. Mine get very very low flow and seem happy. Just take it slow and all should be good.

Side note....he was talking about having a follow up in a couple months to see what club's as a whole are having the best growth...sort of like a GOC and there will be some sort of prize...I figure with we have an advantage as we are familiar with the GOC's and I personally would like to see PNWMAS towards the top of that list....if not at the top. As of right now we currently have 4 and 1/2 polyps.....I am thinking maybe we should have a thread where all of the recipients can post updates so we can get an idea of our total combined polyp count. Between the knowledge and experience here we should fare quite well.....I hope anyway.

Impur if you are reading this....what has your experience been with them? Is there anything you could toss out there to improve others chances or experience with them?

Well there has been a change since yesterday. I just checked out the polyps and found a surprise

IMG_2351.jpg

I have 3 Purple Hornet's now on this frag(clap)(clap) and I lost 2 polyps because they dislodged from the fragDOH! so I went from 4 1/2 to 3(scratch)..I know it's kinda hard to see but it's on the left..NICE...and I was saying the Red was acclimating better....guess I was wrong. At any rate the RH is doing well as well.

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

Sorry I can't get pic's like this of the PH's but I don't have a straight shot on them from the glass like I do of the RH due to the Magician's right in front of them....forces me to shoot over them which seems to blur the pic.....now that I think about it I might have to move the magician's over a bit(naughty)

I want to say thank you to Vanz for bringing this to my attention.

Hey since you and Ron speak, tell him he has mail-(laugh)

I sent a PM 5 days ago-I know he is busy I am only kidding, it was just what he typed me is not whats happening, we are close its all good.

I sure misread or was misinformed though, somehow I thought by me paying to become a member I was going to get "ours" earlier than those who did not pay.

Hindsight