Free purple hornet?

vanz

Whats your paypal again? I keep forgetting to send it.

Thats fine, if you want I can keep the 2 in leu of the 8.00(whistle)

PM coming your way

There are few other stragglrs that have not paid for shipping either-I know most were going to pay me when they grabbed their frag-well that got pushed back-HUH DOH!

Anyway, if you can please send the money. If you dont do PayPal let me know and I will give you my mailing address so you can mail me the money-I will be sending the same group email out as I did before, so if you have paid disregard the PM, if you have not please do so sometime soon

OR there is the option (your call) I can keep the PH and save you the hassle and cash-;)

Thanks for the pics Brad' date=' they look nice n healthy!! Now to get some color in those badboys....[/quote']

I know they would (or should ) color under my halides but I wanted to get them to be settled and stable for a bit-My display (that has the halides) has much more nutrient rich water as well. Currently they are under T5's with 10K,12K,14K and 18K bulbs-no actinics-can you tell-LOL

I will be happier than everyone else when I am not "housing" everyones PH-I have never had a zoa melt, and I dont care to start now, but it is still a responisibilty I did not realize I was under taking-(laugh)

DOH!

I know they would (or should ) color under my halides but I wanted to get them to be settled and stable for a bit-My display (that has the halides) has much more nutrient rich water as well. Currently they are under T5's with 10K,12K,14K and 18K bulbs-no actinics-can you tell-LOL

I will be happier than everyone else when I am not "housing" everyones PH-I have never had a zoa melt, and I dont care to start now, but it is still a responisibilty I did not realize I was under taking-(laugh)

DOH!

No worries. Its only 8 bucks so if they melt we'll only have to chop off a few of your fingers (laugh)

I got a Koralia 1 in the tank-way over kill, but the 20 gallon is comprised of "spare parts" that were laying around-I really like the 300.00 dollar dosing pump I am using as my auto top off with the float switch I had-

The Koralia is not pointing at it-

All polyps are fully opened-Tonight I wll get an actual polyp count-or try anyway

• 2 weeks later...
Got any updates? I think they've been here for 13 or 14 days now. Thanks for doing this Brad.

Funny that you ask, I had "unsubscribed" to the thread and just was opening it up to post an update.

I'm going to frag what I can off of these this weekend-could be later today or tomorrow.. but for sure this weekend.

I have an actual fragging kit ,with the various scalpels etc so its not some make shift, wanna be "this tool should work" kit.

I have fragged zoas many times and never had any loss, I am hoping these work out that way as well.

If there are any that die, I am happy to offer up mine as "the sacrificial lambs", in other words, if a couple die-those can be the ones meant for me. I do think and want to give Eric at least one of these for the help he did in circumventing the shipment from being delivered-I think we may have lost all of them if they were delivered to a vacant place r worse return due to Kevin not living there.

I did do a polyp count and can see MAYBE 22-the I would not consider the small little nubs that have not broke open as a polyp. So the fact that we were all expecting 2, the 1 or 2 extras could be a safety cushion

I dont seeing making all the frags on the first time around since these suckers are so small and close together but once I starting cutting they may just peel off easy-(clap).

Also if there is some zoa fragging wizard that is in our group and wants to step up and say “hey, I’ll do it” feel free-I mentioned something like that threads ago but never really saw a reply-If I was wrong please jump in and reply-

Otherwise

Stay tuned- Dr. Fragenstein (me) will post up what he comes up with

I am up to 8....seemed to have stalled being that they haven't opened in over 2 weeks...what's weird is when they stopped opening I was at 4....I have gotten 4 more without opening....

I am giving mine away though....one of the reasons I am looking forward to my single polyp here and the one's from the group buys.

Update

After some thinking/discussing etc. I feel it is in everyones best interest to not ouch these.

The fact that they are not the color as the ones you typiclly see may have to do with the fact that these are wild and not maricultured or aquacultered and wild corals are not as "stable"

I think its best to be patient-

All the zoas I have in my tank for the 2 group grow outs are growing and doing well so I believe these will do the same-I did just spend the last hour drip acclimating theminto my main display that houses all the group zoas-the Red Hornets are doing great and all the others as I mentioned.

I'll post up some pics once they settle in-

If there is anyone that just cant wait, I could attempt to seperate a few from the rest without hopefully disturbing the rest, but I say wait.

Thats my opinion-I would like to hear others thoughts as well-this is a group deal-at least now it is since Ron sent them all on one rock-DOH!

(worthless)

Bossy-(wife)

I said "once they settle in" (laugh)

Halides just came on, to put the pic in perspective, the plug is the typical plug, I think they are about 1-1.25 inches in diameter-

I mounted it on a large round disc so the hermits cant mess with it-pretty clever I am (naughty)

Small polyps;

P1110114.jpg