Madmikes looooooong 375 gallon (12 foot) DIY build thread

madmike

I see a visit coming soon.

You know you are welcome anytime steve. BTW, that green acro you gave me has sprouted a few new arms and is really encrusting now. Feel free to come over and I will frag you off something you like for your tank.

Is this viewable from 3 sides?

Technically yes... the tank is off of the wall about 2-3 feet so I can get behind it for maintenance and such, the back is clear but doesnt look too bad IMO because of the dark red wall coloring behind it. I REALLY like the shaddowbox look a few people are starting to build on RC, but it would be a real pain to build a 12 foot long one!

• 5 months later...

OK so Mike its time for a pic update here. After feeling good about my own tank, I thought I would go visit Mike and his tank.

I just feel so lucky to be able to see this. All the fish that we think can't be with corals "when have room it works".

I guess i should have brought my camera, but I am sure Mike will get some good ones.

Thanks again Mike

Maybe he can get another full tank shot.

You know how hard it is to take a shot of 12 feet with any detail? Apparently impossible for me! I think I need to learn to use a program to stitch photos together to get a decent full tank shot.

• Like 1

Did you have someone else do the pics before?

No i've done all the pics before, Im just annoyed that I have to stand back 10 feet to get it all in the shot, cant really get any detail at that distance.

I still would like to come by for a visit sometime:-).

Anytime :)

No i've done all the pics before, Im just annoyed that I have to stand back 10 feet to get it all in the shot, cant really get any detail at that distance.

i wish i had that problem!!

this tank.... wow, that is all i can say. this is amazing, and i think just about everyone here agrees.

good work!

i wish i had that problem!!

this tank.... wow, that is all i can say. this is amazing, and i think just about everyone here agrees.

good work!

Madmike's reef tank is AWESOME, but he's planning on doing a FOWLR, continuation Madmike2. LOL

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

I've had this one for about 4-5 months now... I'm watching it real close right now... I had a idaho grape monti cap get too close and burn it and a small section of skeleton is now showing... usually in these that is the beginning of the end :(

• 9 months later...
ok.. ok.. here are some recent shots of fish

regals1of1-1.jpg

emp1of1.jpg

potters1of1.jpg

naso1of1.jpg

multicolor1of1.jpg

multibar1of1.jpg

maculiceps1of1.jpg

maleflame1of1.jpg

copperband1of1.jpg

achilles1of1-1.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I saw these pics and thought they were awesome. I wanted to find out if all of these fish were reef safe? I thought someone told me the Emporer angel was not reef safe, but I wanted to check since it's such a beautiful fish.