Madmikes looooooong 375 gallon (12 foot) DIY build thread

madmike

Got a new fish and some corals and a rather large invert today on my way home from spokane.

vlad1of1.jpg

conch1of1.jpg

conch11of1.jpg

The vlamingi is over 10 years old, the owner of the shop knew that I had a 12 foot tank and wanted me to take him. The conch is out of his personal 600 gallon tank that he has had for over 5 years. My clam is over 12" wide for size reference, :)

Got a new fish and some corals and a rather large invert today on my way home from spokane.

The vlamingi is over 10 years old, the owner of the shop knew that I had a 12 foot tank and wanted me to take him. The conch is out of his personal 600 gallon tank that he has had for over 5 years. My clam is over 12" wide for size reference, :)

which shop?

DUDE!!!!! That conch is sick

Thanks

which shop?

Aquatic dreams, used to be located in spokane but recently re-located to Post falls idaho. Keven the owner goes by Kevinpo on reeffrontiers forum and moderates the sps forum. He has been keeping sps since 1996 and has some REALLY cool stuff!

Thanks

Aquatic dreams, used to be located in spokane but recently re-located to Post falls idaho. Keven the owner goes by Kevinpo on reeffrontiers forum and moderates the sps forum. He has been keeping sps since 1996 and has some REALLY cool stuff!

did you pick up any cool SPS?

Ha Mike, you did get it. what did he put in his tank, miracle grow?

nice fish.

Yah, he has had him for over 10 years! When I started pharmacy school back in 2004 he had him and he was around the same size.

He is pretty cool, he will swim thru a hoop for treats and you can pet him! He is used to being in a high traffic store with people around him all of the time. I put a 1/4 sheet of nori in to see if he would eat so soon to putting him into the tank, he ripped it out of my hand and devoured the entire thing!

did you pick up any cool SPS?

Yes I got a few more frags from stuff he had, a blue polyp green/yellow base monti cap, a yellow scroll coral, a purple tipped nana (I have an extra frag for you :) ) and a couple of blue eyed cardinal fish.

Yes I got a few more frags from stuff he had' date=' a blue polyp green/yellow base monti cap, a yellow scroll coral, a purple tipped nana (I have an extra frag for you :) ) and a couple of blue eyed cardinal fish.[/quote']

nice i like the sound of that. sounds like i'll be checking this guy out next time i go to visit my parents.

Are those frenchies or bostons?

Frenchies, they are both females and ALL bulldog! We were out of town this weekend and they stayed with my brother in law who has a pit/boxer mix and a rot. The rot was scared to death of our 1 year old, she is just a brute and likes to play ROUGH!

• 3 months later...