Plans on hold

SuncrestReef

With the huge losses in the stock market and economic unknowns for the foreseeable future, I am putting my room addition and new tank plans on hold.  It would be irresponsible to spend that kind of money on something completely recreational when it may be needed for basic living or future medical needs.

This sucks, but at least my wife & I have our health and my current tank is still thriving.  Hopefully all of you stuck at home are getting more quality time viewing your tanks.

Be safe everyone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Now is a great time to do home projects. We are finishing a big basement remodel, fish room, tank in the wall, meditation pavilion, garden shed, and new deck!

Well, my project was going to cost enough to build a small house, so I'm choosing to reserve that money for a while.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Now is a great time to do home projects. We are finishing a big basement remodel, fish room, tank in the wall, meditation pavilion, garden shed, and new deck!

Hey Nick - how much of that are you doing yourself?  If you get bored I have a few projects... or maybe you could do Suncrest's fish room 😀

50 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Well, my project was going to cost enough to build a small house, so I'm choosing to reserve that money for a while.

Yeah - I'm trying not to watch as retirement continues to get further away... 😞

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hey Nick - how much of that are you doing yourself?  If you get bored I have a few projects... or maybe you could do Suncrest's fish room 

I'm doing it all my self! I understand how expensive remodels can get.  Im a huge fan of buying materials at the habitat for humanity restore.  Im doing a million dollar remodel on a  thousand dollar budget, my specialty.  Next on the list is an outdoor kitchen with pizza oven. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm doing it all my self! I understand how expensive remodels can get.  Im a huge fan of buying materials at the habitat for humanity restore.  Im doing a million dollar remodel on a  thousand dollar budget, my specialty.  Next on the list is an outdoor kitchen with pizza oven. 

Unfortunately mine is not a DIY project.  It involves excavation, foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing, new electrical panel, HVAC, etc.

6 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Unfortunately mine is not a DIY project.  It involves excavation, foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing, new electrical panel, HVAC, etc.

C'mon John - you can do it!  Think of all the spare time you have to practice and file permits 😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Although I do it myself,  im actually a contractor and carpenter  for over 25 years. Built hundreds of homes from the ground up,  I understand how expensive it can be building quality things.  That's why I like doing them myself and originally why I became a carpenter. Materials can be expensive,  but labor adds up quick

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:03 PM, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Honestly, the best time for this stuff is right after the economy takes a shiet. You would NOT believe how much cheaper contractors are when the work drys up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm actually getting busier. People are at home and thinking about projects and I'm getting lots of calls for small things like adding exterior doors and skylights. But quartz countertops are all from china and that supply has halted and I can't get custom glass out of california right now. I mean after 20-30 bathrooms in a row I really just want to do siding anyways LOL

• Like 1