Looking For Large X Large Turbos

TaylorW

Can't believe I'm posting this lol but looking for one or two very large Turbo Snails, had a couple Giants a few years back I would complain about knocking my frags over but I'd really like to have one or two for my anenome tank. Also looking for some sand sifters/stirrers especially a conch. I'll be heading back to C&C at some point to see what they have (when I have time and $$, seems like I come out of there with a lot less and my husband is never thrilled lol) but if anyone a bit closer has any they want to sell/trade let me know! Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

How big is “very large”?  I have 3 turbos that are about 1.5”, but now that my tank is maturing and I don’t have much algae, I’m thinking of cutting back to just one turbo.  You’re welcome to have two of mine if you like.  And they come with a lot of my famous coraline algae!

6304CDD0-012E-4D9A-A4FC-D1A66B1F7293.jpeg

232C0FE6-5ED2-4120-B314-D1034B441578.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

How big is “very large”?  I have 3 turbos that are about 1.5”, but now that my tank is maturing and I don’t have much algae, I’m thinking of cutting back to just one turbo.  You’re welcome to have two of mine if you like.  And they come with a lot of my famous coraline algae!

6304CDD0-012E-4D9A-A4FC-D1A66B1F7293.jpeg

232C0FE6-5ED2-4120-B314-D1034B441578.jpeg

OMG If they pass I will take that bad mamajama. I want some of that vibrant coraline! 

• Like 1

Www.reefcleaners.org has zebras in stock right now.
Was actually just considering ordering a bigger clean up crew, thanks I'll check it out. Ordered from there before and will definitely do it again. Their prices are amazing

6304CDD0-012E-4D9A-A4FC-D1A66B1F7293.thumb.jpeg.7d30bcd3b2857dcf915c0aa4a9664600.jpeg
232C0FE6-5ED2-4120-B314-D1034B441578.thumb.jpeg.70106710a0e83041c8198cdf47aa1a59.jpeg
Oh I'll absolutely take it!! Would you like an Astrea snail or two in return? I have several of them they are amazing, they do wonders keeping my rocks clean of algae. If I see a small patch of hair algae on a rock I literally pick one of the Astreas up and set it on that rock, by morning it's clean. I have a pretty crazy week at work until probably Friday though, would you mind if I came by either Friday or Saturday?

1 hour ago, youcallmenny said:

What you really want are the jumbo Trochus'.  I've had two for years now and they're bigger than any turbo I've had.  They are very gentle. 

20190624_111247.jpg

Nice!  My large turbos (2.5 - 3 inches) tend to be wrecking balls...  They are, however, tough!

• Like 2

What you really want are the jumbo Trochus'.  I've had two for years now and they're bigger than any turbo I've had.  They are very gentle. 
20190624_111247.thumb.jpg.8b1c2d08dde6b33e6718953b4225519e.jpg
I got 4 of those and they're awesome. I wish I can get more. Got mine at CnC maybe a year ago. Here are two of them about baseball size.

4387c8e9f0010914952620cad6b290fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have a giant turbo snail in the refugium. The glass is spotless down there. When they are too big they bulldoze everything in the display
Yes I know lol, I had two Giants a few years ago and they bulldozed my frags constantly. I think they'll be fine in my anenome tank though, not much for frags to bulldoze.

• Like 1

20190624_111247.thumb.jpg.8b1c2d08dde6b33e6718953b4225519e.jpg
I'd definitely consider them too, the turbos do tend to knock over everything in it's path

• Like 1

Sure, Friday or Saturday will work.  I don’t need any new snails...mine have been breeding so I have baby nassarius, astrea, and stomatellas crawling all over everything!
PM me to coordinate.
Those Stomatellas I got from you are breeding like crazy!! They're all over the front Acrylic when the lights are off, you probably can't see them that great in the picture but they're all over8b543f51af025141ce32aa2268dd628e.jpg

• Like 1

Ugh.  I really need to get some starter stomatellas from someone one of these days. 

Well shoot I got lots already now!! I got a handful from Suncrestreef not long ago and they're everywhere when lights are off, if you want any you can have them!

• Haha 1

Too bad I live on the moon in relation to most of the club.  I might have to take you up on that at the next meeting though!
Ahh gotcha, yeah I'm out by hagg lake so I hear you.

8 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Too bad I live on the moon in relation to most of the club.  I might have to take you up on that at the next meeting though!

How far are you from Wilsonville?  I sometimes stop in at All Things Aquarium and could meet you there with some stomatellas.  I have more than I know what to do with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

How far are you from Wilsonville?  I sometimes stop in at All Things Aquarium and could meet you there with some stomatellas.  I have more than I know what to do with.

Oh just a hop, skip and a jump.  The next meeting is there too if you need more of an excuse.  I've been thinking about cruising up there anyways though if you want to go sooner.  I appreciate it!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youcallmenny said:

Oh just a hop, skip and a jump.  The next meeting is there too if you need more of an excuse.  I've been thinking about cruising up there anyways though if you want to go sooner.  I appreciate it!  

When is the next meeting?  I haven't seen any announcements.

• Haha 1