Missing bags of frags

Gil&Fin

Did someone grab two bags from the tank closest to the door by mistake? One bag says Scott and the other is a sandwich bag. Scott can't seem to keep track of his crap so I have to do this post.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Well yes I do know where my crap was :laugh: in the tank where I put it............came downstairs and was gone :shock: I figured it had my name on it so.........one bag had 3 or 4 frags floating on styro so not you everyday packing situation........also had my name on it in sharpie.......other one was a sandwich bag in a plastic bag with 2 frag plugs.

I don't even know what they were :laugh: it was trade from other members.......

If they show up great if not well I hope they were good ones...............

Looks like we are gonna need Security cameras and bouncers at all the exits for the next hollys house event lol..

Was that the same bag that was leaking that you had to clean up?

Thank you again for all 11 corals I got today! Always a good time at Holly's! 😊

• Like 5

I would give the person the benefit of the doubt here. We have a great group of honest people. I left the raffle tickets several times just lying around and another member actually sold some and brought me the money LOL.

I have had bags of frags disappear for the same reason that they were in a group holding area and I'm sure the person grabbed them by mistake. I never did see them again but it's easy to just start grabbing bags and not paying attention.   Maybe the name got erased on the bag floating in the sump who knows and the person doesn't realize or maybe they are on the Facebook site and aren't on the forums much at all. Heck I sold a frag to a member and he didn't even know what he was buying LOL because he had bought and traded so many things LOL. I will post a general message on the Facebook site too.

@spectra do you know what the corals were in the bags that will help.

• Like 1

I brought spectra some frags of both of these zoas in the picture. The were in ziplock bag with "Spectra" and my salinity, dkh, and Ph written on the bag.

I dont want to believe someone would just take them, but unless someone rebagged them, i dont know how you could accidentally take a zip lock bag. 38f1c36a80f84787f516a15ba7c1b148.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Where were these bags at? There were allot of people in that fish room and things getting moved,  I'm just wondering in between bagging corals and grabbing towels if they may have rolled off a counter or stand and under something? I trust holly has did a thorough look around, but as pdxmonkey states it's terrible to think someone in the club might just walk off with them from what is described to be clearly marked making it obvious it wasn't theirs.

Yes Cody brought me frags and the bag had my name on it plus the foam. Monkeys bag started to leak imagine that it was a ziplock sandwich bag :laugh: so I tossed it into a coral bag and rubber banded both bags together and floated in the first frag tank when you walk in.......oh well like I said I didn't even know what I had besides they were zoas.

I figured I would have heard something by now and nope and not going to lose sleep over it as they are just corals.........I can grow more ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paratore said:

The one I had for him contained four different zoas all suspended by foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, If I would have known there was a bag of zoas from Cody floating around down there...  I kid, I kid.  Bummer that they haven't shown up yet as i am sure they were quite nice (Brian's too).

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yes Cody brought me frags and the bag had my name on it plus the foam. Monkeys bag started to leak imagine that it was a ziplock sandwich bag :laugh: so I tossed it into a coral bag and rubber banded both bags together and floated in the first frag tank when you walk in.......oh well like I said I didn't even know what I had besides they were zoas.

I figured I would have heard something by now and nope and not going to lose sleep over it as they are just corals.........I can grow more ;)

That my friend is the right attitude to have! 

:drinking:. Truth is we don’t know what happened I assume it was a mistake. There were a lot of bags floating. 

I’m always amazed more don’t go missing. Hopefully they turn up but Scott you do so much for the club that I know there are tons of people who will give you more including myself!

I have lost bags that were floated amongst other bags and never saw them again which is why I keep a cooler. 

• Like 3