Watch "Vertex Cerebra Grand Release 06/20/2016" on YouTube

Zwickm

Cuttlefish was telling me about this-APEX is in trouble if what I heard is true. Not for us die hands like myself that have 8 energy bars and near

Y every add on component Neptune makes but for those new to controllers and just getting into them, it's going to be tough beating the usability, easability and functionality-I'm surprised it took so long for real competitors to Digital Aquatics and Neptune.

There's more than these guys coming on board

While I really do Like vertex, and seeing some more competition on the market will help towards more innovative developments in the products currently out there to keep their cutting edge, I'm not going to drop a ton of money to switch from Apex. I also do like the programming aspect of the Apex as any software developer knows it allows enhancement from ones creativity opposed to a simple button or preset function that has limited purpose.

Pretty Cool looking though!

While I really do Like vertex, and seeing some more competition on the market will help towards more innovative developments in the products currently out there to keep their cutting edge, I'm not going to drop a ton of money to switch from Apex. I also do like the programming aspect of the Apex as any software developer knows it allows enhancement from ones creativity opposed to a simple button or preset function that has limited purpose.

Pretty Cool looking though!

True Exodus, the programming is key.  

However, I do love that it is open source and that they claim you can write your own apps!  That is one huge plus.  The APEX programming is so limited and frustrating sometimes.

Good stuff!

The problem for new controller companies is the foothold that Neptune has in the market. I haven't ever met an unhappy apex owner and unless they have a Jr., most probably won't switch. I personally have to much invested in mine and have no reason to switch, my apex works perfectly.

That said, I hope to see other controllers come to the market for those people just starting, more choices and hopefully good working ones at a more affordable price. Competition will also be good for existing Neptune customers, maybe more expansion and lower prices to stay competitive.

I haven't ever met an unhappy apex owner and unless they have a Jr.,

And now that they jacked up the amount of components allowed on the newest fw release, I would suspect most Jr. owners are happy, I am anyways :)

• Like 1

They were showing this off at the 2013 manca show. Doesn't seem like it would take another three years to produce this item. I know it will be expensive and I won't be the on the block to own one. When a product takes that long to come to market it freaks me out.

They were showing this off at the 2013 manca show. Doesn't seem like it would take another three years to produce this item. I know it will be expensive and I won't be the on the block to own one. When a product takes that long to come to market it freaks me out.

Thats what i was thinking, i found an article on it from 2011!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I personally am happy to see them take a bit more time working out the bugs before bringing it to market. Too many times companies rush products out and let us figure out the bugs. I haven't owned a controller yet.  The programming aspect of them scared me off. Yet I am really interested in the vertex. Seems like it has a very easy to use inteface with the ability to explore app writing as well. Will be interesting to see the reviews and comments after it has been released!

Time can be good but it's been five years and I don't think anyone has seen a working version yet. Trust me I hope it's the best thing since slices bread but I have to many things get talked about for years then to either be duds or never even make it to market.

But here is to hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll consider it if it's under $500, though I highly expect it will be more expensive than that.

If it really, really can get my job done better than an apex, I'll get it for my upcoming tank.