Official 2012 SPS Growout Thread! Contestants post here!

Ok well its alive but just by a hair I put a bigger light on and was not slow enough with the transition to the higher light levels and shock a few things mostly my corals that had green were affected.

DSCF2091.jpg

and this is just a shot to show that it is not dead yet I hope I make it to the end =)

DSCF2083.jpg

Thats awesome news-Please PM or text me the details of the so called "tricks of the trade" unless it involves a saw/bonecutters and glue (whistle)

I'm giving myself the;

boot.jpg

the competition is to tough and my frag sucks anyway-(laugh) plus I moved it, its in a new tank-see the little guy, its not where it used to be-(clap)

slimer.jpg

After I get DQ'd gimme a ring-

Giving up Reefy? (nono) I have a feeling you will change your mind. You letting the competition and Jesse's pathetic grafted frag scare you..(scary) You moved it to a new tank but it is plumbed to the same tank also with LEDs so I don't think that matters but I will hapily give you the boot if you really want me to. :)

I think mine is done. I will check it out, but it looks dead to me.

I guess it didn't like when my heater control broke and my tank got to 90 degrees. DOH!

It looked like it was hanging on by a thread! Fingers crossed Omar!

Ok well its alive but just by a hair I put a bigger light on and was not slow enough with the transition to the higher light levels and shock a few things mostly my corals that had green were affected.

and this is just a shot to show that it is not dead yet I hope I make it to the end =)

DSCF2083.jpg

Looks alive to me. You're still in Jeramy!

I thought this ended in a month, but it looks like I was wrong as always.

It was really a ploy to get Noob to PM me the secret elixir he is using-I'm off to the store this morning to pick some items-I hope they are not out of eye of newt-(scratch)

Well at least the boot made a showing(clap) I'll have to see about getting a measurable pic

I thought this ended in a month, but it looks like I was wrong as always.

It was really a ploy to get Noob to PM me the secret elixir he is using-I'm off to the store this morning to pick some items-I hope they are not out of eye of newt-(scratch)

Well at least the boot made a showing(clap) I'll have to see about getting a measurable pic

Not the first time you have been wrong Brad :). Yes the final picture posting will be the first week of September OR maybe I will keep the contest running until Noob's frag meets an unfortunate accident and dies...(plotting)(laugh)

Not the first time you have been wrong Brad :). Yes the final picture posting will be the first week of September OR maybe I will keep the contest running until Noob's frag meets an unfortunate accident and dies...(plotting)(laugh)

OMG I was right for once, it is over in a month (roughly)

Anyway, so the store I went to would not sell just the eyes out of the newt, I had to buy the fricking thing, but on a postive note they told me it taste like, well, you know......

CHICKEN(rock2)

OMG I was right for once

I can understand why your so afraid. When you have to compete against a huge nano cube. (whistle)

Oh and the only reason i quoted you was because we won't ever see that type of post again from you..(laugh)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I guess I'm glad i didn't have a huge group for the meeting this month then..hmmmm..

It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is the only thing that matters.

I guess I'm glad i didn't have a huge group for the meeting this month then..hmmmm..

It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is the only thing that matters.

Amen brutha

Come on over for the newt BBQ if you want

August post

Okay here's my August post because I'm afraid I'm going to forget and DQ myself!(laugh) Frag looks good but not much growth. It did get stung at the base a little by a Miami Hurricane chalice but seems none the worse for wear.

DSC01620ARW.jpg

And to dispel the rumors that a certain grand prize melted...(laugh) Here's an updated picture of the TECO watermelon! Thanks again Jody for the most generous donation.(clap)

DSC01622ARW.jpg

Okay here's my August post because I'm afraid I'm going to forget and DQ myself!(laugh) Frag looks good but not much growth. It did get stung at the base a little by a Miami Hurricane chalice but seems none the worse for wear.

DSC01620ARW.jpg

And to dispel the rumors that a certain grand prize melted...(laugh) Here's an updated picture of the TECO watermelon! Thanks again Jody for the most generous donation.(clap)

DSC01622ARW.jpg

Thanks for taking care of my chalice till the end of next month. (clap)

It looks great!

Alright so here is my posting for this month. It's really hard to hold the camera and hold this heavy frag at the same time... I figured I would let the next growth photo be the tell tale of who's going to win. Now I just have to keep this thing alive and I've got it in the bag so far. Unless someone has been secretly growing another frag (whistle)

Let's call this one 29mm

DSC_0369-1.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0367-1.jpg

Alright, here's my photos for this month...

I'm going to say about 12mm total height now. That's two millimeters of vertical growth. Not much, I know, but this thing is trying to set some sort of record for encrusting growth.

0577850F.jpg

We're talking 18mm-20mm of encrusting growth. Color is great. Neon green. I can't wait to see what this thing does when it starts to grow upwards. The frag plug is annoying though. I should probably get a frag tree and move it to that since it really detracts from the otherwise natural look of the tank.

26492D6E.jpg

So, that's about it. It's got good polyp extension, looks healthy as a horse and seems to be doing well overall despite it's vertically challenged nature.

Alright so here is my posting for this month. It's really hard to hold the camera and hold this heavy frag at the same time... I figured I would let the next growth photo be the tell tale of who's going to win. Now I just have to keep this thing alive and I've got it in the bag so far. Unless someone has been secretly growing another frag (whistle)

Let's call this one 29mm

I guess the best we can hope for is a little Emerald Crab (or whatever creature that is always responsible for tips over your 5hit) intervention!

I guess the best we can hope for is a little Emerald Crab (or whatever creature that is always responsible for tips over your 5hit) intervention!

There is no shame in bowing out like brad did. If anything i think i would respect you all more...(whistle)

Awww' date=' that's too bad, Derbird. After the competition is over, we can figure out how to frag my green slimer pancake...[/quote']

yes it sucks, I hate to kill things. Your discription reminds me of an old Dr. Seuss book :)

By the way those zoa's you brought me are doing great. They have very nice color paterns to them too. I love the ones I can look at all day and still see new patterns.

yes it sucks, I hate to kill things. Your discription reminds me of an old Dr. Seuss book :)

By the way those zoa's you brought me are doing great. They have very nice color paterns to them too. I love the ones I can look at all day and still see new patterns.

And another one bites the dust... :(

Sorry you lost yours bud. At the rate mine is growing i could frag up my colony in a few months if you want a frag

Noob your frag is certainly in a group of its own-you can read into that however you'ld like(whistle)

It strange as hell IMO, great growth but strange as hell, from what I have seen or can tell yours is the only ne (besides the ones that died) that shows little no ecrusting while others encrusted before even starting to get any vertical growth.

Mine as an example I had to move since it had encrusted the plug and was starting to attach to the rack.

Great job (icon)

If you have any others acros are they doing the same or is this a freak of nature as I called it, or did I call it an Obamanation-(scary)

Noob your frag is certainly in a group of its own-you can read into that however you'ld like(whistle)

It strange as hell IMO, great growth but strange as hell, from what I have seen or can tell yours is the only ne (besides the ones that died) that shows little no ecrusting while others encrusted before even starting to get any vertical growth.

Mine as an example I had to move since it had encrusted the plug and was starting to attach to the rack.

Great job (icon)

If you have any others acros are they doing the same or is this a freak of nature as I called it, or did I call it an Obamanation-(scary)

Most all of the other acros in the tank (minus the one I broke this morning...(flame)) all seem to be encrusting before they grow up. I just got a bunch of frags a couple weeks back from madmike so I will keep an eye on them and watch the growth patterns. I'm no longer running a skimmer in the tank since it didn't do much for me anyways and very limited livestock so maybe that's what it is? Really have no idea but I'm really looking forward to seeing that chalice in my little cube next month..(whistle)