anemone removal??????

nu2reef-n

I heard a while back that you could freeze some RO water into an ice cube and rub that on the anemones foot and they will let go. I have never tried it myself, but you never know. :eek:

Jay

Pretty much unrelated, but i remember one of my not so bright reefing moments i accidentally let a frozen cube of formula one land on a condy and he of course ate it.......literally and figuratively...............

• 10 years later...

I realize this is 11 years too late, but for anyone checking threads for anemone removal, I have my own success story. My anemone was attached inside of a hole in a rock where I couldn't reach his foot. After weeks of failed attempts with ice, fingernail, water fan, and turkey baster I tried something different. I put a large flat rock in the way of his cave. After a couple days he began to move. I watched closely and the moment he moved his foot into view I turkey basted/fingernailed it for 15 minutes and finally got it off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I realize this is 11 years too late, but for anyone checking threads for anemone removal, I have my own success story. My anemone was attached inside of a hole in a rock where I couldn't reach his foot. After weeks of failed attempts with ice, fingernail, water fan, and turkey baster I tried something different. I put a large flat rock in the way of his cave. After a couple days he began to move. I watched closely and the moment he moved his foot into view I turkey basted/fingernailed it for 15 minutes and finally got it off.

Thanks for the memories ! I miss the people on here but of course chief is still here.

• Like 1

I heard a while back that you could freeze some RO water into an ice cube and rub that on the anemones foot and they will let go. I have never tried it myself, but you never know. :eek:

Jay

I have also heard this works well.

I recently had a rock nem in a small hole. Ended up getting impatient. Smacked the rock against the ground and it shattered. Leaving the nem red with its guts hanging out at the bottom of the foot. But after a few days it was opening again and a week later it's just fine. Depending on the morph it can take some damage. Bubble tips are a bit more touchy but rock nems or maxi minis can recover from an injured foot

4 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Thanks for the memories ! I miss the people on here but of course chief is still here.

Yeah - lots of familiar screen names in this thread... is Chief really the only one still around?  CCR, Impur etc. do bring back some memories.

I always use a very thin credit card (my petco card works pretty good) then once it's let go enough I slip my fingers under it and gently work it loose. It can be tough if it's foot is in a hole, if that's the case but I really want it gone I get a chisel and bust off a chunk of the rock lol. If you want to get rid of it let me know! I'm looking for a green one. I can trade you for one of mine or I'll buy it. I'll pm you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, albertareef said:

Yeah - lots of familiar screen names in this thread... is Chief really the only one still around?  CCR, Impur etc. do bring back some memories.

CCR left shortly after I became a member on here. impur is still around just not active on here. He tried to start a Eugene reef club on reeftoreef but I don't know if that's still active. Mr. S is still around just no tanks anymore. He had a disc golf store next to TPA.

21 hours ago, albertareef said:

Just me.   I've seen many come and go.  It's good to see that this forum is still alive and kicking.  It takes a lot of great people to keep it moving.  Many forums fail after a few years.  This one is getting stronger.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief said:

Just me.   I've seen many come and go.  It's good to see that this forum is still alive and kicking.  It takes a lot of great people to keep it moving.  Many forums fail after a few years.  This one is getting stronger.  

Yeah - after being away so long it's great to see it not only surviving but apparently thriving!  Glad to see that you are still with us and keeping all the wheels greased on the admin side.  Thanks for your efforts!