Incomplete 400g Reef

kilmca

Yeah I have all (6) of them on a 7095 controller with the y-adapter. Right now i'm running them on interval 2. (2) of the 6055 I got off RC have been modified and I do see a difference in flow. I might do it to the other (4) if I really feel it's necessary later on.

I really like the 6200 but they put out so much flow(5,200 gph) that I never had them running at 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Well after seeing your beatifull setup the other day. I called up James and had him price me out a 4x3x2:) So I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm blaming you for making my addiction worse:) That is one amazing setup you have Calvin!

Thanks, glad I could be of assistance and encourage you to get a bigger tank without even trying. My only question for you is did you just price it out or did you order the tank? :D

Lol let's just say it's in the priced out stage. I have to figure out a way to allow this into the house through the boss first:) it's gonna cost me some Jewlery for sure:( Plus I wanna set up a new light system on this one. Planning on going with a couple 400 watt radiums run off of galaxy ballasts. The pump is my question not sure if I wanna run 2 iwaki 40rlxt or 1 of the next size up?? But it's gonna happen soon:)

• 3 weeks later...

Look what I caught!

Well I had another Angel misbehaving, this time a Flame Angel. So I put the fish trap I made and used to catch an Eibli Angel a few months back in the tank again. I left the trap in the tank for about a week and then added some bait. The Flame took a liking to Acans so I put a frag in there and waited. It took a couple days but finally the Flame Angel started going in the trap and nipping the frag. As you can see below I caught it. :D

SO I'm left with a Potters Angel that is still in the tank and I have not seen it nip any corals, yet. I've had the Potters going on 3 years now and hopefully it doesn't get a taste for corals.

I've already got plans on using the trap to try and catch the Sixline Wrasse I have cause it's a bully and I would like to get a Leopard or some other Wrasse.

4054254485_21cd0b431a_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I added an additional tank to the system. My wife thinks i'm (nutty)! I didn't like having the frag tank and refugium together so now they are separate. 75g tank is now the frag tank and the 55g tank below is a refugium/softie tank. Thanks to Orion(Tom) who built me a steel stand to support the 75g frag tank and i was able to add the 55g below the 75. There isn't much algae growing in the refugium yet but i cut out a bunch of caulerpa the size of a basketball right before i did the transition.

I am using (2) 400w MH over the frag tank and i thought i might be able to get away with just keeping the bottom of the frag tank clean cause it seems like a good amount of light gets down to the refugium. Right now i have a (2) bulb T5 fixture over the frag tank but i'm going to try and remove it and see if algae and soft corals grow. Of course here are some pics!

4129025353_060f6b3bc7_b.jpg

4129033283_542feb6f42_b.jpg

4129034069_8857d01d58_b.jpg

4129027059_baaabe02b1_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Utterly and completely blown away!!! Do your friends and family head straight to the tanks to see the changes when they stop over?

Do you even have an approximation of your investment? I really wish I had kept a detailed accounting of what Ive spent in this hobbie..........wait..........Im glad I didnt

Utterly and completely blown away!!! Do your friends and family head straight to the tanks to see the changes when they stop over?

Do you even have an approximation of your investment? I really wish I had kept a detailed accounting of what Ive spent in this hobbie..........wait..........Im glad I didnt

yeah it's definitely an attention getter for anyone visiting. I try not to think about how much money I have invested in the system.

nice' date=' where did you get the red sea sailfin tang at?[/quote']

I got the Red Sea Sailfin Tang from Animal House here in O.C., actually that's where I got most of my fish. I'm not real proud of that but it was just to convenient to stop and see what they had when I was buying fish. They no longer carry saltwater livestock anymore.

Stopped by the other day and I must say thats one of the most impressive setups I have seen.............ever. Have had reef setups since the early 90s and witnessed hundreds of setups and this one is just amazing!

Calvin,

what was that Monti looking thing front and center that isnt a monti ( really neat colors)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I would post some new pics of my tank. Not a lot new but I did get some new corals. Well, i'm holding onto some corals for Markvo. He's setting up a 500g tank and doesn't have a place to store the corals that came with the tank. First 4 pics are of his corals and the other 4 are pics of my corals and fish. Got a different camera so i'm still trying to figure out all the functions and best way to take good pics.

4344213169_9f284e3292_b.jpg

4344215417_5cb08c717c_b.jpg

4344941632_8b9e356e29_b.jpg

4345013080_1c2ab659b7_b.jpg

4344232179_2bcf96f323_b.jpg

4299339484_b3721013b5_b.jpg

Didn't you already have that tang? Or is it the same one?? Where is the picture of the torch? LOL

yeah that's the same clown tang i've always had, just a new pic. i'm maxed out on my flickr page for picture uploads this month. a pic of that torch will have to wait till next month. flickr limits you to so many MB of pic uploads per month but it is free so i can't complain too much.