Freezing Rain on Tuesday, Jan 16

While some of you lost power over the weekend, it looks like tomorrow may put more of us at risk due to freezing rain that could knock down more trees and power lines.  I highly recommend you spend today or early tomorrow morning preparing for the worst.  If you have a generator, please test it today.  If you don't have one, you might consider shopping for one today while there's a chance.

At a minimum, have a plan for water movement and heating.

Good luck, and stay safe!

image.png

• Like 2

Generators sold out at Beaverton and Tigard Home Depot, as well as Tigard Lowe’s if anyone is looking for one.  Was at those three yesterday looking for gas cans.

• Like 2

While I’m sure a lot of us would be looking for name brands, don’t exclude the cheaper options, they may not be viable several years from now, but to make it through a week without power, cheaper options that may be available at places like harbor freight are going to be better then no generator at all

• Like 1

8 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Great photo.

Thank you.  As it turn out, one of my neighbors must have taken a photo this morning in the light - my front yard made it on the Portland subreddit!

image0.jpg?ex=65bad4bd&is=65a85fbd&hm=8c

Edited by Krux
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Krux said:

Thank you.  As it turn out, one of my neighbors must have taken a photo this morning in the light - my front yard made it on the Portland subreddit!

Are you SURE this is the same bus?   In your photo last night, the back tires (with the chains) are in the air, sticking out in the road.   In this photo, the front tires (without the chains) are in the air, sticking into the road.      Both good photos.

23 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Are you SURE this is the same bus?   In your photo last night, the back tires (with the chains) are in the air, sticking out in the road.   In this photo, the front tires (without the chains) are in the air, sticking into the road.      Both good photos.

I agree with @cjmdh.  You can clearly see #3211 in the nighttime photo, and on the daytime photo the "3" is visible on the side and the "211" is visible on the front.  The tire position change is likely due to their effort to move the bus in the time between the two photos.  All the other logo stickers in each window also match up.

We've moved on from being aquarists to weather traffic accident forensics. 🤣

• Like 1

The hill out front claimed several victims.  It’s pretty steep . We get to see a lot of the action since we were at the bottom. Someone hit my trash can and just left it with all the garbage spilled. Someone slid into this van and took off.  I told one guy who was stuck not to go up and he didn’t listen and ended up in a ditch further up. What is wrong with people . On a positive we ordered a generator from Amazon that was supposed to come in 2 weeks and it arrived yesterday 24 hours after we ordered it so we have a backup generator now. Others May want to try ordering . There was another generator same as mine in the truck too so they must be prioritizing them.

IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3914.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

The hill out front claimed several victims.  It’s pretty steep . We get to see a lot of the action since we were at the bottom. Someone hit my trash can and just left it with all the garbage spilled. Someone slid into this van and took off.  I told one guy who was stuck not to go up and he didn’t listen and ended up in a ditch further up. What is wrong with people . On a positive we ordered a generator from Amazon that was supposed to come in 2 weeks and it arrived yesterday 24 hours after we ordered it so we have a backup generator now. Others May want to try ordering . There was another generator same as mine in the truck too so they must be prioritizing them.

IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3914.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

At least the Mailbox is standing upright 😂 

It is the same bus.  

A tow truck spent 6 hours trying to get it free overnight, at one point snapping a very thick tow cable trying to use the power pole as a pulley.  They were able to get it back on the road, but then the rear of the bus slid back off into the culvert.

loud cable snap, glad the driver was operating it from inside the cab… it thwacked the back of the truck with full force.

my wife reports they finally freed the bus around 330 this afternoon 

Edited by Krux
  • Like 2