Help moving a tank

Parzifal

Good morning all!

She said YES!    The question was of course the most important question any of us ever ask the person we want to spend our lives with:

”Can I have an aquarium bigger than a car?”

The caveat to her agreement…she never has to do anything with the tank. 

so, I am looking for help moving an 8 foot tank and stand from scappoosse to inner SE Portland.  

I am thinking either the 14tg or 15th of December, please let me know what day would work for you,   We would meet at ~ 6pm and hopefully be done dropping it off at my house by ~730pm.

i will of course have pizza and soda and dessert for all that help. 

3 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Congratulations!    It's a nice looking tank and stand.

Normal doorways are not 36" wide, which this setup requires.  Does your location have an extra wide access, or have you figured out how to make one?

I figured if we can vibrate the stand at the natural frequency of the walls it should just move through like sand…right?

Jk,  yeah it’s coming through the backyard and the sliding glass door.  I actually got this door installed with the hopes of putting a monster like this in the house one day. 😃

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

I mean, if you're in Scappoose, might as well go with the best pizza at Fultano's. 😀

Alrighty.  Here’s the details:

date will be December 14th at 6pm, I will share address privately with those coming.

we will have fultanos pizza and soda.

we will be packing it, moving it and unloading it.  The whole thing will hopefully be complete by 730!

we need three more people to make this work, any more volunteers?

19 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I can help out. I can also stop by brians and get the suction cups.... although i am soo god [language filter] shredded you could probably just put the tank on my back, eat pizza, and watch me carry it into the house. 

Let me know when you want to come by to get those suction cups.