HUGE NEWS!!!

SuncrestReef

John - I like the bathroom & fishroom location swap, good call.  Walk through video really gave perspective.   I've been thinking about how to handle the every day life side of your new tank...

Storage and locations for:

• Glass cleaning magnets, coral clippers, misc fish foods, tongs...
  • When it's time to feed the tank, where would I set the glass to let the frozen food thaw
  • Where does the tripod with camera on it get stored, that's not easy to put "under the tank"
  • I have two Drawers in my stand, directly below the tank.  Handiest things ever.   
  • Can you inset a video camera (or two) in the wall opposite the tank, for remote monitoring.   by inseting into the wall, it'd be flush and wouldnt' get bumped as people walk by
  • plan video cam in the fish room (yes, I have one)
  • Which location are you going to dip new corals in, Fish Room, Wet Bar, or Kitchen Sink?
  • Where does the Fish Towel get hung, to wipe off your hand?

For the bar location, are you planning a wine fridge and/or a small dish washer.  And Ice Maker location?

This is a cool project, thanks for letting us come along for your ride!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Is that it? 

Huh.   I thought it was going to be a little less...... I dunno...... mediocre? 

:)

BTW, are you going to have a urination policy for the hot tub?  (asking for a friend). 

The blue tape on the deck only shows about 1/3 of the new addition.  It will extend an additional 19 feet beyond the current deck into the back yard.  I was just getting an idea of the fish room size and display tank, which sits right where the current deck is.

I'm definitely going to need an automated water change system for the hot tub for when I host future PNWMAS parties...😬