Few berghia 4 sale Springfield

Deuce00

I’ve got alittle but of extra berghia nudibranchs 4 sale. 2 for 10$ or 5 for 20$. Got them from salty underground months ago. No special sizes available limited supply. Thanks Dustin Springfield Oregon

4E93E26C-8C89-45EC-A4E7-9D322B26B31B.jpeg

Edited by Deuce00
Added picture

• 4 weeks later...

I have a small Fluval 13.5g with a couple aptasia in it. 

This seems like a nice solution, but I worry about them starving out after they’ve done their job. Do you know how many a couple could eat in a day? Will the eat through everything in a small tank pretty fast and then starve out?

I’m in Eugene, so this seems promising as a solution for me. 

13 hours ago, Salted_Waffles said:

This seems like a nice solution, but I worry about them starving out after they’ve done their job. Do you know how many a couple could eat in a day? Will the eat through everything in a small tank pretty fast and then starve out?

From what I’ve noticed sadly is they starve out and die. I’m not sure how many aptasia they eat a day it has taken nearly 4 months to clear my aptasia infestation. 

16 hours ago, Salted_Waffles said:

SaltyUnderground has a very detailed write-up about berghia nudibranchs.  You should read it before deciding if that's the route you want to take:  https://saltyunderground.com/category/berghia-nudibranch-the-natural-choice-for-aiptasia-control

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

For the record, I love Berghia for controlling Aptasia.  I've done this multiple times, don't worry about them starving.  It's about you eliminating aptasia from your system.

I can understand that perspective, but personally I just have a hard time putting something in a tank knowing it’ll starve to death soon. 

Edited by Salted_Waffles

If any of you have maintained a colony of these I'd be really curious to read about your setup. It seems to me that at least two small dedicated tanks would be required, one to breed Berghia and one to grow Aiptasia. 

Second question - do people have problems with these getting chopped up in powerheads? 

I've kept Berghia multiple times over the years.   One of the times, I grew them out before seeding my tank.   Grow setup was 1qt plastic "to-go" food containers, with airline stuck in the top.   Plus a tank with chunky gravel to grow out aptasia.    Feed that tank like crazy, then pull one piece of gravel out, put it in each bergia container.  Easy to monitor the consumption rate, new egg casings, new hatchings, and raw berghia growth.   They're super easy to keep and raise - its all about growing enough aptasia.  

In the main tank - I don't Think I had a problem with powerheads... but you really can't monitor berghia in the main tank.   They practically vanish.  I could find a few, but never enough to do an inventory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...