Hey there from Portland

sourmashpdx

Hello everyone, 

I’m a new reef keeper from Portland. I’ve had my tank going for about four months and i’ve just started adding corals. It’s a ~73g display with a ~20g sump. I’m very excited about the hobby and pretty much fallen in head first. I’m looking forward to meeting y’all and connecting with other local folks in the PNW.

I hope you’re all having a great day!

Austin

Edited by sourmashpdx
  • Like 2

Welcome aboard!  That's a nice size tank, and an exciting time when first adding corals.  I'm also relatively new, with just over a year of reefing experience now, so all those getting started steps are still fairly fresh in my memory.  Don't hesitate to post questions asking for advice.  And please post photos of your tank!  We love photos here. 😊

• Like 1

I am around the 6 month mark with my 60gal tank.  This forum has been great for getting advise and I think you will find the people here very nice and helpful.  we all want success in this hobby and the best way to do that is information sharing. 

Welcome..

• Like 4

:welcome: welcome aboard =).  We have some awesome knowledgeable reef keepers on this forum.  Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.  

Be sure to post up some photos.  Its very exciting to be adding your first corals.

• Like 1

Welcome!  Sounds like you are off to a good start. Nice size tank to work with - always an exciting time when you start to add corals. Lots of experienced and helpful people on here so I’m sure you will be able to get advice on pretty much anything... even if it isn’t reef related. 😀

• Like 1