The Theat Is Real

buying a chiller is costly while effective, your spending a bunch more on the device and the electricity for only the benefit of the Fish. You may want to consider picking up a portable AC unit instead as not only will it cost about the same, both you and the fish can benefit from it.

• Like 2

Or.... Fill a bunch of empty water bottles or fill several 2 liter soda bottles and freeze them. Place them in sump or dt when temps rise. Obviously, someone has to be home if you are at work but they work great and are super cheap. I always have several frozen water bottles and 2 liter bottles in the freezer when the situation arises. Did I mention they are incredibly cheap[emoji4].
HTH, bro...

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's [emoji481]

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exodus said:

buying a chiller is costly while effective, your spending a bunch more on the device and the electricity for only the benefit of the Fish. You may want to consider picking up a portable AC unit instead as not only will it cost about the same, both you and the fish can benefit from it.

I already have the chiller, i just ordered some U tubes.  I have to figure out an external pump.    I have air conditioner but don't want to leave it on for the weekend while I'm gone.(in window kind)

5 minutes ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

how much and what you got Jesse?

Pretty sure it’s a Gen-x pcx-40 external pump. For you I’d sell it for $30. It’s just collecting dust in the garage. Got a lot of other stuff I would give you too saltwater I’d give you along with it chemical wise.

Run the window shaker AC unit!

Unless you're going to vent the chiller outside, the ambient heat from the chiller and the wattage for both the chiller and the pump (especially a genx 40) required to run it will definitely be a waste of energy for a 20g tank...

• Like 4

On 4/25/2018 at 9:32 PM, chewie said:

Unless you're going to vent the chiller outside, the ambient heat from the chiller and the wattage for both the chiller and the pump (especially a genx 40) required to run it will definitely be a waste of energy for a 20g tank...

On 4/25/2018 at 9:32 PM, chewie said:

Jon I'm going to put the chiller and pump outside.  I know that pump is way over kill for what I need so I figured I could throttle it back with a ball valve, it's still cheaper than buying a new one.  

11 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

If it makes you feel any better, my tank hit 83 today.....and that's definitely not the hottest it's ever been.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I understand that they can get warmer that what mine got 😀...the warm weather just made me start thinking about getting things sourced for my chiller as I know that the warm weather is just around the corner,  I hate waiting for the last minute to put crap together. Here's to kooler tanks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Well came home to my tank about 1 deg more than I have ever had it. Went to the market and got some ice.  I guess its time to order the things i need for the chiller.....

Does your house get really hot in the summer? If you don’t have home ac you can get a portable ac for the room that way you also stay cool. I have a portable ac in my place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1