New Fish room with inwall setup.

H20cooled

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice looking setup and equally nice hardware! do you mind me asking why you have a single stage temp controller and an aqua controller? Is the chiller on a separate circuit?

PS: TWO DC8s??!! :eek: if you ever want to sell one of those DC8s let me know!! (naughty)

nice looking setup and equally nice hardware! do you mind me asking why you have a single stage temp controller and an aqua controller? Is the chiller on a separate circuit?

PS: TWO DC8s??!! :eek: if you ever want to sell one of those DC8s let me know!! (naughty)

Thanks...

Reason for the separate controller is I do NOT trust the cheap temp probes that most of the Aqua controllers come with and I have had 2 many of them fail on me, so I have 1 heater on the controller and one on the aqua controller that way it gives me extra protection. I also have a separate circuit and controller for my chiller.

The DC8's are great, I've had them for 3 tanks now and they still work perfect, won't be selling one anytime soon...

DANG! how did I miss these pics. The fishroom turned out great!

I like the convict too. Is the other one a Kole, or a Tomini?

The pinkish one is a Yellow eye tang, not sure that its going to make it though, its been hiding a lot, the strange thing is I don't ever see anyone actually picking on it or chasing it so I'm not sure whats up with it.

Rich

I agree with your logic on the redudant heater thing and I myself go very conservative with engineering, but doesn't the heater have a built in thermostat as well? Isn't the odds of both the AC and the heater thermostats failing at once remote? Not to mention your chiller should be able to offset one of the heaters. I'm assuming you have two smaller heaters (200W each or so?).

RE: the yellow eye: on the bright side maybe that rose will split sooner rather than later!

EDIT: I just noticed your lumenarcs are on glides. sweet!

I don't use the thermostats on the heaters, I have never found them to be consistent and I prefer to have more control over them. The Chiller is not actually installed yet, it will be outside on a concrete pad and a weather cover for it. I have the loop already done for it I just need to get the concrete pad done and then install it. The tank doesn't get hot now and it shouldn't get to bad in the summer as I have Central air anyway.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...