New Fish room with inwall setup.

H20cooled

Update...

Well I've been working hard try to get this done, I've been slowed down for a while with a fractured foot, but its coming along.

The room is all most done, I need to finish up the back wall with some more tile and then install the new sink. The tank just got installed to (thank you izzypop & Joe), it was a very tight fit and I ended up having to go to 3/4" foam under the tank instead of 1" but it should be fine. Well enough talk here are the pics...

Rich

FishRoomprogress047.jpg

FishRoomprogress060.jpg

Cool Accent tile (rock2)

FishRoomprogress058.jpg

FishRoomprogress057.jpg

FishRoomprogress055.jpg

FishRoomprogress054.jpg

FishRoomprogress052.jpg

Fan for heat/humidity control (exhausts outside)

FishRoomprogress051.jpg

New Tankless water heater...

FishRoomprogress050.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well after a long time and work I finally have a couple of fish in there and some of the old corals back in. I've had the tank up and running now for a month with only base and live rock and its doing good. So on Saturday I added in my clown fish and rose anemone from my old setup and also bought a purple tang, and a bunch of frags and pieces that were in the old setup and that a friend was watching for me. I lost a lot of corals in the tanks crash (probably 60% or more), but I'm just happy to have anything at this point. So, far everything is doing great, one of the SPS did not handle the move so well and beached out but the rest look good.

Here are a couple shot of the current setup. The skimmer is just temporary, I have to mod my old one to give it more power and then it will go back in.

Rich

FishRoomprogress066.jpg

FishRoomprogress065.jpg

FishRoomprogress068.jpg

FishRoomprogress069.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been busy with my house and have not had time to take more pics. But I ended up buying a new skimmer cause the one that I made was not working right as an insump model and I was not setup for inline. So, I bought an ATB cone skimmer, its the medium size one that is good for up to 400gallons. Its powered with an ehiem 1260 needlewheel impeller and pulls real good air, the best part is it only uses around 40watts of power so its very energy efficient. Because its a cone setup and there is no resistance on the bubbles it does not require the amount of air that you normally need for this size of skimmer. I just connected it tonight so it's still got a while of break in. Another good part its dead silent too.

Here are some pics.

NewSKimmer001.jpg

NewSKimmer003.jpg

NewSKimmer005.jpg

NewSKimmer007.jpg

NewSKimmer009.jpg

NewSKimmer011.jpg

NewSKimmer012.jpg

NewSKimmer022.jpg

NewSKimmer023.jpg

Thats a cool looking skimmer' date=' looks like it works great. Gotta love the eheims. That is just a needlewheel, or is there mesh on it?[/quote']

I'm hoping it does, from the feedback on RC it should. The customer service so far with them has been amazing, so I'm not to worried about it. The funning thing is this is the first real skimmer I have ever purchased beside 2 small ones in the past. I usually just build one myself, but with my new house I just have no time to build one.

No its a needlewheel not mesh, from what I have read the mesh on these tends to create a lot of micro bubbles so the use the needlewheel instead. But i think both are available. Also they say that the skimmer really doesn't need the added power of the mesh.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

The skimmer rocks big time, it continues to improve as time goes on and the junk its getting out is darker and darker. I'm really blown away with how much it gets out of the tank and how dark it is.

As for the small cone; I wanted a skimmer that would allow me to get a bigger tank and the medium is rated for up to 400g so this will allow me growth. Plus I like a lot of fish and to feed a lot so I figured bigger could not hurt.