How much $$$$ in your reef???

Guest Bevo

I thought I would check out the thread just to see what kind of comments it might elicit... not disappointed!  Yeah, this is one of those questions best left unasked but I do like Holly's answer.  I have to force myself not to think about it or I would just get really depressed.  Much better to just admire the new coral and how nice it looks in the tank (at least until your Ca reactor goes down, your lights stop working, your return pump fails, you get red bugs/black bugs/monti eating nudis, nitrate/phosphate spikes, tank sitter over feeds...).  Ugh!  Why do I do this again????

• Like 3

I'll play haha
100 dollars 3a4112d28005d4d53e9544e0ed922eae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

My mantra:
It was only $20
I got a really good deal
I traded for this
No that's not new
No I don't want a receipt (paper trail)

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of money I have spent of this hobby. But somehow it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I stopped counting after the first 20k.  Too often tried to go the cheap route only to buy better equipment later.  

Soooooo many of us made that mistake! There are some things I don't necessarily go full blown high end on, but when it comes to some stuff it's best to spend the extra few bucks at first.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I stopped counting after the first 20k.  Too often tried to go the cheap route only to buy better equipment later.  

I'm glad you guys keep saying that, since I'm in the middle of upgrading, and have been buying good equipment. Not cheap, but it will be keeping tons of $$$ of livestock alive, so it seems like it will be worth it.

Yikes I've lost count lol. I think I've probably spend less than a lot of people though, I'm pretty good at finding stuff on Craigslist, Offer Up, etc so most of what I have is used except the corals/anenomes. Even then I try to find good deals if I can! That way I hear my husband complain less lol. I've had planted freshwater tanks since I was 11 and have only had saltwater a few years now and I can't imagine not having saltwater now so the $$ spent is ALWAYS worth it imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk