PNWMAS Fundraiser - Volunteer Opportunity!

Gil&Fin

We would like to spread the word about our club, and do some fundraising for Tanks for Teachers ("TFT") at the Oregon Reef Expo out at Golden Basket Reef on Saturday, July 23. We have two things going on.

First, Rudy has saved us an area to set up a frag tank. [Thanks, Rudy!] We'll be posting more information on the frag tank because we really need some nice frags to sell to benefit the Tanks for Teachers program. Second, we will have another area outside to sell hot dogs and sign up new members. There will be one officer or board member during each time slot, but we need one or two more members to help out. Easy-peasy.

Here is a link to the Reef Expo thread that has more details about what/where/when.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/37664-first-annual-oregon-reef-expo-ore-2016/

Come out and have some fun, and help raise some money for Tanks for Teachers while you're at it. Post your desired time slot in the thread below and we'll keep this post updated.

TFT Frag Tank

10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

1.Rbeyer

2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

1.Flashy Fins

Food/Membership Table

10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

1.kknight

12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

1.milesmiles

2.fishouttawater

I do love a good coral reefer event like this, being at a table or grill for a while really lets you get to talk to the people, engage with fellow reefers about what they are looking for to put into their tank. And being on the other side of the counter is a fun experience if you ask me so don't be afraid to sign up folks, I will be right there to lend a hand if it gets busy or to help answer questions that may be asked.

• Like 4

This is awesome! Are the frag donations going to come from local reefers? If so, I would be happy to donate some frags to help out the TFT program so put me on that list please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

This is awesome! Are the frag donations going to come from local reefers? If so, I would be happy to donate some frags to help out the TFT program so put me on that list please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the plan. We will probably start a thread to keep track of who wants to donate what. We have a lot of great reefers in this community and i am willing to bet we can have a pretty nice selection of nice frags for people. Off the top of my head Softy and I are throwing in 4 Tyree Red Dragon frags, a good sized frag of Miami Hurricane and some Hawaiian polyps.  All the proceeds will be going to TFT, but who doesn't like helping put reef tanks in front of kids. I can remember staring into them as a kid with wonder.

• Like 3

I am sure I can frag all sorts of stuff.......I have a ton of zoas just floating around.....nothing super special but? I also have a forest fire digi chunk I accidentally fragged.....might even be able to get a red Yuma.

• Like 6