Full Circle

Jeramy

So as some of you may remember quite some time back I had a 75g SPS dominated tank that I had poured my heart and soul into. Unfortunately due to a move and job change I did not have the time or money to keep the tank running and healthy so I sold the whole thing. This was about 2 years ago. Shortly after selling I heard that the tank crashed and was sold again. One of my favorite parts of the system was the stand that had a viewing window for a full display of the sump area. Well a few months ago I saw a Facebook posting a 75g tank for sale and I recognized the stand. I immediately contacted the seller and low and behold it was my old tank and stand. The tank was in great shape the stand was a bit rough. I bought it on impulse and nestalgia.for a few months now it has just been sitting in my garage without a plan or a place. Well I finalized negotiations with my wife and we are all on board and on the same page to turn this tank back into a reef. I will be transferring my current nano into the 75g. My nano has been rolling along for 2 years now. I will get a official thread going once I have things more planned out and work has begun. 3bd11d611817beed5dc546461baed9de.jpg01022feb771a9f673d22cb6b69bf66e0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Very Cool! I look forward to the new "Old" build. And when it is all cycled I would be happy to throw you a  tank warming frag or two...Are you going for an SPS tank again?

Oh, and isn't it nice to have an understanding wife, this isn't everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 1

The plan is to keep things simple going to stick to more tolerant corals and no daily dosing. So sps will not be making much of an appearance. I plan to use small amount of calk in the top off water but nothing over the top.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved my African Cichlid Tank today in preparation for the 75g reef which will go in its old location! One step closer =)

Here it is in its new location you can see the 20g AIO nano in the background.

7bde21ea159a2be2d28669afbd32e7e4.jpg

• Like 1

So as some of you may remember quite some time back I had a 75g SPS dominated tank that I had poured my heart and soul into. Unfortunately due to a move and job change I did not have the time or money to keep the tank running and healthy so I sold the whole thing. This was about 2 years ago. Shortly after selling I heard that the tank crashed and was sold again. One of my favorite parts of the system was the stand that had a viewing window for a full display of the sump area. Well a few months ago I saw a Facebook posting a 75g tank for sale and I recognized the stand. I immediately contacted the seller and low and behold it was my old tank and stand. The tank was in great shape the stand was a bit rough. I bought it on impulse and nestalgia.for a few months now it has just been sitting in my garage without a plan or a place. Well I finalized negotiations with my wife and we are all on board and on the same page to turn this tank back into a reef. I will be transferring my current nano into the 75g. My nano has been rolling along for 2 years now. I will get a official thread going once I have things more planned out and work has begun. 3bd11d611817beed5dc546461baed9de.jpg01022feb771a9f673d22cb6b69bf66e0.jpg

I am all for this. I followed a very similar path and loved bringing the tank back online with the improvements I could only wish for the first time around. I will literally save corals for you to get your population restarted.

I just picked up my first rare piece for this time around and am super excited about it. First frag is yours.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer got the stand sanded and painted and started working on modifications and repairs to the sump. Going to have a 24x14x14 area in the sump for a display fuge area. Also painte.the back of the tank using the same semi gloss latex paint and primer I used on the stand turned out really good used a foam roller and did 4 coats. Left the area behind the overflow clear just in case so I can look in for missing live stock =)

a03652d8c1959a29108ef9ac2f5ee665.jpg5e0722ca2666ad8dd9b87f07fb3207b1.jpg43b004b6b37ad471e5b4d4558bb2bbf9.jpg

• Like 2

I love the African Cichlid tank!

Thanks it is a lot of fun with very minimal amount of upkeep. I have 12 pseudotropheus saulosi in there and they are just starting to hit maturity. Lots of entertainment especially right by the couch like that =)