Randall's shallow reef

PowderBlue

I'll get out there and snag it! Git any zoas you want to trade? I've got some king midas on a plug and some of the red and blues

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Well what are you after? I have some zoas left in the 40 I can send you pics as I have your number.........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I emptied my sump today, pulled out the skimmer, heater, reactor, return pump and live rock and shop vacced the entire thing. I needed to do a water change anyhow so I figured why not clean the sump. I hate looking at the crud that builds up on the bottom. a9b29d15e3b3e653e432417f5db34776.jpg You can't really tell from the picture but it's so fresh n so clean now haha. I'm hoping with the big water change my nitrates levels will come down drastically.

• Like 1

Did some much needed tank maintenance today after the meeting. Cleaned my gyres, this is basically what they both looked like..... I know I should be punished for letting it get this bad lol. c8644c935d069e34ca9dff4da579ed1e.jpg

I also moved my other gyre to the opposite side of the tank, instead of the back wall. I have them both running at 100 percent but I might knock them back. That's around 5000gph plus my return pump for flow. I set them to pulse through my apex but the turning off and on so frequently freaked me out. The controllers are known to fail on these and that seems like a recipe for disaster.

02fb181ccd6209615e8ed4f6c37e8044.jpg70bd53fcd7a8ced4677c2f5594e8aeb0.jpg few pics after moving a few pieces around.

• Like 1

Well I added some more rock to the display today, not real happy about it but I needed more space for corals and I want to have more total weight for live rock filtration as well. I'd say I added about another 7 pounds of so to the display. I also moved a few corals around.

I'm still getting nitrates down but they seem to be dropping with the water changes and nopox. Son is holding onto my Orange envy until next week so I'm sure it'll be leveled out by then! 8b0f0c829a976f27025917efe19b57af.jpg new FTS

Couple shots of my sps that made it though the crap show so far haha

8cce0092b17ed5aae66967e4a22972d8.jpg green slimer thanks to Holly!

24864d29962053339f74ff80c4c359b0.jpg Garf and not sure what the other is I thought it was a cali tort but who knows

I have a red planet that's doing really good also but it's impossible to photograph for me. Here are a few of my LPS that I enjoy as well

ce0526e189bd5dd8b5879e386ba07ec9.jpg my elegance

716534a238d9883552f665356b745360.jpg

75179a2b80c1949cd86a27cf1a6e1ceb.jpg

Corals look happy Randall! Dont chase # :) as long as corals are happy then it's fine imo :) i like the new aquascape too!

Thanks Son! Over just a couple days everything seems to be much happier. I think with my bioload I'll just have to buckle down and do weekly water changes until I catch and get rid of some of the fish.

I am glad you didn't sell your tank. How big is your orange envy? I love mine, I also love my Disney, not quite as much as the envy but it's still a nice piece. I have 59 pieces of sps in a rimless 40 gallon tank. I think I have a problem. But they are all happy and heathy as are yours.

I like your fish and lps also. Your whole system is very nice. What size is your DT and I belive you have a 40 gallon sump?

• Like 1

I am glad you didn't sell your tank. How big is your orange envy? I love mine, I also love my Disney, not quite as much as the envy but it's still a nice piece. I have 59 pieces of sps in a rimless 40 gallon tank. I think I have a problem. But they are all happy and heathy as are yours.

I like your fish and lps also. Your whole system is very nice. What size is your DT and I belive you have a 40 gallon sump?

It's about an inch and a half frag once I pick it up I'll post some pics! I also got a piece of rainbow in Spain as well which I've wanted for a long time.

59 pieces in a 40! That's awesome. I'm thinking of ditching some LPS to make room for more sps :)

My display is 60 gallons it's 48x24x12. Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad I didn't sell it as well. I've put a lot of time and thought into this build.

• 1 month later...

Well today the tank comes down... It's sad but exciting at the same time. I'll have more room in the garage, more room in the living room, and a much smaller tank which should be much less work. I thoroughly enjoyed this build and tank but it definitely had its times of frustration mostly all my fault.
Now everything I'm keeping is crammed into a fusion 20 until the lagoon gets here! e60a21d1cf7e19c285f14f5286094170.jpg
I'm helping the new owner setup the tank today at his house and getting the apex dialed for him. Hoping it will be as fun for him as it was for me!

3 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Well today the tank comes down... It's sad but exciting at the same time. I'll have more room in the garage, more room in the living room, and a much smaller tank which should be much less work. I thoroughly enjoyed this build and tank but it definitely had its times of frustration mostly all my fault.
Now everything I'm keeping is crammed into a fusion 20 until the lagoon gets here! e60a21d1cf7e19c285f14f5286094170.jpg
I'm helping the new owner setup the tank today at his house and getting the apex dialed for him. Hoping it will be as fun for him as it was for me!

I will miss this tank!  One of my favs even though it was relatively short lived.  Good luck with the new build Randall. 

• Like 1