Randall's shallow reef

PowderBlue

How did I miss these build thread updates??? Tank looks GREAT. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

You have been in the basement to long wondering how the new tank will fit :laugh:

Tank is looking good Randall how is the Duncan working out?

• Like 1

You have been in the basement to long wondering how the new tank will fit[emoji23]

Tank is looking good Randall how is the Duncan working out?

Haha in the basement!

The Duncan is happy now! Found out my goby was tossing sand at it while building his home with the pistol shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well last night my RBT decided it wanted to roam and it got stuck on my gyre for about 15 seconds. I think it might make it though. It's a little chewed up but it's still sticky and has itself stuck back to the original rock it was on. I'm hoping for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is looking good! Wow your candy canes have really grown in size!

Thanks! I just added a couple bangai Cardinals, my wife's grandmother wanted to be able to pick out a few fish for the tank and she chose these. I love em! edea040f52f8b15bf58dec65f236a585.jpg

Edited by PowderBlue

The nem pulled through like a champ! It has moved a few times since it's meeting with my gyre, but seems to be somewhat settled here. 6ca161053f8ae3920adc9c50078949c1.jpg I'm sure it'll kill a few zoas but it is what it is I guess!

The skimmer is doing an amazing job8dfc70b0af394b9364edae28cd739567.jpg this is 3 days of skimmate. I'm more than happy with the purchase!

Just a shot of a few of our fish family! 2179ed2816cea82428118293578e15cc.jpg

some top down shots i took tonight after i added some more rock.

This is still my favorite piece!

f67cccea78f4adc5ba4954451fe9d8b2.jpg

My zoas on the rock below the sps started out as 1 polyp less than 6 months ago! dfad990243becf146a71eca717f6e64a.jpg

Not sure what this sps is but the hasnt gained any color aside from the frosted blue tips 2987e4e2a64064fdcb3d3da30081d571.jpg

the left side of the tankea0398123a46965b4c4a4f5f966888e6.jpg

This baby colored up so nice over the past month! 115c132139eba54f893ce52cafb31305.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments, this has been byfar my favorite build. I came home yesterday to some brown hair algae on the sandbed so im a little confused on how thats in there. TDS is 0 coming out of my RODI, and ive never once used tap water. Im wondering if im over feeding. Im going to do a water change tuesday and see if that knocks its back.