CLACKZILLAIS COMING!!!! ReefHut 232 tank build....

reefhut

Hey folks,

Just thought I would let ya in on my build thread. This has been a project let me tell ya. First off a tank built by James at Envision. Dim's are 60L X 32D X 28H w/ external overflowThe acrylic is all 1 inch with 1/2 inch radius corners. The corners and the bottom edge are highly polished( Bling! Bling).(popcorn)

06-06-07_1723.jpg

Tank location...plumbing through the window to an out building. The over flow fit's the window opening so the tank will fit closer to the wall :D

IMG_0345.jpg[/img]

The foor is done 5' X 8'..(highfive)

06-16-07_1928.jpg[/img]

DSC02600Large.jpg[/img]

All the help, all the better(clap)

DSC02608Large.jpg

Oh yeah..The temperaryfrag tank! Start the collection, and the rock is cooking!:D

IMG_0347Large.jpg[/img]

...All most done

IMG_0350Large.jpg[/img]

..Well with the shed anyway. More pic's to come.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skimmer

I thought no one would ask. This thing is a beast! It's out performing the Euro Reef RC 1000..(Per Jeremy at Premium). Can't wait to fire it up. I think I'll ask Izzypop to break it in for me until my system is running.(plotting)

Anyway here's a link...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1096170

...and here's another picture.

1Large.jpg

Hey Shannon,

Not doing acros at this point, but Jon is trying to get me started again. I have a pair of Cardinals in the brew and hopefuly they will start to breed in 6 months. Going softies and LPS for the moment. Not sure if I will get back into full SPS again. Took down all my MH for now. Just have VHO on the tank. Oh, it's Mt. Biking season. :)

That is SWEET! When are you hosting a meeting so we can all see it? Will you charge admission to see your "aquarium"???

dsoz

Thanks you. :-)

I have a long way's to go yet. I'm guessing it won't be running for at least a month. After it's been running for about 6 to 8 months I'll concider hosting a meeting.

180Brandy,

I'll build the metal stand Thursday and then ship it to my stand guy. He'll then make a wrap to go around it. It will be a while for an update.

Dsoz,

After it up and running, we can work something out I'm sure.

I built the metal stand last Thursday. I'll take it to get powder coated Monday morning. The stand was made out of 1 3/4 .120 wall steel. I wanted it adjustable so I made the stand in two pieces, the top frame has 1 3/4 tubes running down for the legs, the bottom frame has 1 1/2 square tube running up. Then the two pieces slide together. This also makes it ajustable so I can get it level. Also I welded nuts so I can lock everything in place....

IMG_0527Large.jpg

IMG_0528Large.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been busy working on our other house getting it ready to sell...So now I'm back. Just to get you all updated ;).

The sump is built and the stand and canopy will be done at the end of this month. But the biggest part of this build got finished this last weekend. The ELECTRICAL!!! YEA!!!. Thanks to Barelycuda and Evansbr the 100 amp service is in and ready to add outlets. Here's some pic's. Oh and if someone is looking for a home in the area....I know where one is,LOL(laugh)

Sump

DSC_0488Custom.jpg

DSC_0489Custom.jpg