CLACKZILLAIS COMING!!!! ReefHut 232 tank build....

reefhut

The glass is seperate, they run like $12-14 each retail.

Looks good Shannon,, are you going to leave the back open so you can access that strainer for cleaning? Im sure it wouldnt have to be done very often, but you wont want to move all your rock and corals to get to it. On that big of a tank it seems like its going to be pretty tough to get to it when the time comes, can you reach that from a stool?

What are you going to do for rocks? I hope you'll get some 50 pound plus pieces it would look sweet with some biggies in there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't plan on cleaning the intake screen. It will be buried in rock. I think that the pendants should come with glass (IMO) for the price. Other companies (in that price range) include glass with there pendants. I havent called Sam yet, but I'll get it work out some how. My bad though, for not looking into it a little futher. It should have dawned on me that a little water splash can crack a bulb and distroy my hole tank because UV nukeing my corals..DOH!

We include glass on all double-ended fixtures (like the Lumen Max 3) for obvious UV reasons, but not many people run glass on mogul pendants, so we don't. I was just giving you friendly advice about using glass to make the reflector last longer. If it was my tank, I would. That's all I was sayin'...

The brand new Lumen Max's use the dimpled material throughout. Therefore the staining is an issue of the past.

I'm very curious to know what other companies include glass on mogul pendants in this price range? or any price range?

-Sam

• 1 month later...

The new system is doing great and I couldn't be happier. The tank has been running for a five weeks now. I aquascaped and put all the corals and fish in (that survived the holding tanks) Sunday the 22nd. All the perameters are good...

Tank PH 8.22

Cal reactor PH 6.54

Nitrates 0

Ammonia 0

Alk 10 DKH

Calcium 500+

Salinity 1.024

Redox 275mv (not sure where I need that to read yet)

For those that would like some new pictures...Here's some!!

Tank shot

DSC_0631Medium.jpg

DSC_0627Medium-1.jpg

Sump room..

DSC_0629Medium-1.jpg

DSC_0630Medium-1.jpg