$10 frags??

MrBret

IME I have never been happy when buying online from Goldenbasket. They are open to the public on Friday and Saturday. I would suggest if you want to buy from them going there when they are open so you can see the frags AND the lighting conditions they are under before buying. JME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldenbasket is a nationally recognized vendor and stands behind his product. He sells to many of the vendors on reef2reef including Jason Fox for a fraction of what they turn around to charge. The holidays are definitely a good time to buy and get some great deals. Rudy is an honest vendor to deal with and if you are not happy he stands behind his product.

• Like 1

IME I have never been happy when buying online from Goldenbasket. They are open to the public on Friday and Saturday. I would suggest if you want to buy from them going there when they are open so you can see the frags AND the lighting conditions they are under before buying. JME

You are the president of this club? That statement is horrible!

You are the president of this club? That statement is horrible!

I reported the post. Not acceptable at all. We will never get new sponsors if they see the president talking smack.

On a side note though, everything I've gotten from Rudy has been amazing. With me downsizing I'm not buying anymore corals but there are always great deals to be had there.

I can not believe the president of this club would post this about a sponsor that has gone above and beyond to help boost club memberships . I just picked up two eBay purchases and am extremely happy !!!

Maybe this is what's wrong with the forum.

I agree Karen. It appears that the post got deleted but enough people saw it.

• Like 1

I reported the post. Not acceptable at all. We will never get new sponsors if they see the president talking smack.

On a side note though, everything I've gotten from Rudy has been amazing. With me downsizing I'm not buying anymore corals but there are always great deals to be had there.

My first post was deleted in 1 min? Ridiculous

While we all have opinions about each of the retailers we deal with, it is always important to be careful about undue criticism. Some individuals may have negative experiences with retailers and they should be allowed to candidly state that. However, PNWMAS does not stand for or tolerate subjecting our sponsors to public bashing. I cannot attest to the reasoning behind Kevin's post apart from the fact that he honestly thought he was helping a member. However, as the Public Relations officer, I apologize for the post and wish that each of you continue to build up this forum. This is a place where information is shared, hobbyists are born and nourished, and local businesses help the hobby as we help them. Happy Thanksgiving!! And thank you all.

While we all have opinions about each of the retailers we deal with' date=' it is always important to be careful about undue criticism. Some individuals may have negative experiences with retailers and they should be allowed to candidly state that. However, PNWMAS does not stand for or tolerate subjecting our sponsors to public bashing. I cannot attest to the reasoning behind Kevin's post apart from the fact that he honestly thought he was helping a member. However, as the Public Relations officer, I apologize for the post and wish that each of you continue to build up this forum. This is a place where information is shared, hobbyists are born and nourished, and local businesses help the hobby as we help them. Happy Thanksgiving!! And thank you all. [/quote']

One time is understandable but multiple times just plain rude or intentional.

As we all know there is vendors feedback forum to voice one opinion about buying experience.

But the president of this club like to bring out negative vibe against his own post that always calling for positive contribution.

This is the reason GB is not renewing sponsorship. The president has personal agenda to bashing GB every time he could and

will remove his own post at will. If regular member doing it there will repercussion of the action.

While we all have opinions about each of the retailers we deal with' date=' it is always important to be careful about undue criticism. Some individuals may have negative experiences with retailers and they should be allowed to candidly state that. However, PNWMAS does not stand for or tolerate subjecting our sponsors to public bashing. I cannot attest to the reasoning behind Kevin's post apart from the fact that he honestly thought he was helping a member. However, as the Public Relations officer, I apologize for the post and wish that each of you continue to build up this forum. This is a place where information is shared, hobbyists are born and nourished, and local businesses help the hobby as we help them. Happy Thanksgiving!! And thank you all. [/quote']

Thanks for being on top of it guys! :)

What the heck man! I didn't see any of the what ever posts, lol.......don't even want to know what was said, but what ever happened to the saying " If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep quiet " it went something like that. I was also around 11 about to tell ant Pearl that I could tell her Teeth were fake, lol. Mom's had some good advice back then. I'm sure now as well.

I believe your post was deleted because it quoted the original offensive post. This should also show that board members comments are also subject to moderation when necessary.

The original post should be left. People should see what the President wrote. Enough people saw the post. This moderation was meant to protect the reputation of the President.

I am sad to see that we have lost such a great vendor as a sponsor. We are lucky to have Rudy as a vendor and Kevin's personal agenda is hurting the club. Personal feelings need to be put aside.

I apologize Rudy. You have done so much for this club and I have received some great corals from you. Please know that the President's opinions do not reflect the opinions of the majority of the members.

What the heck man! I didn't see any of the what ever posts' date=' lol.......don't even want to know what was said, but what ever happened to the saying " If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep quiet " it went something like that. I was also around 11 about to tell ant Pearl that I could tell her Teeth were fake, lol. Mom's had some good advice back then. I'm sure now as well.[/quote']

Haha. On behalf of Aunt Pearl, thank you! And yes, you are correct. :)

The original post should be left. People should see what the President wrote. Enough people saw the post. This moderation was meant to protect the reputation of the President.

I am sad to see that we have lost such a great vendor as a sponsor. We are lucky to have Rudy as a vendor and Kevin's personal agenda is hurting the club. Personal feelings need to be put aside.

I apologize Rudy. You have done so much for this club and I have received some great corals from you. Please know that the President's opinions do not reflect the opinions of the majority of the members.

That was my bad for reporting it.

Sad to hear that we've lost goldenbasket as a sponsor after this year. With the live sale and all sorts of great deals it's disappointing to see that we've lost them due to the comments that Kevin has posted multiple times now. Try to build the club up not tear it down.

I miss the good old days of unicorns and rainbows.... Oh and all of Brads gun pics.

• Like 2

No, the moderation was an attempt to right a wrong and stop the endless drama going on on this site lately. We as a BOD and officers are more than just the president and we are all trying to make this place better. We are well aware of peoples opinions and feeling and some of us share them but continuing to jump on and rehash every time there is an issue does nothing to help our current situation.

As a member of the BOD who believes that I am still in pretty good standing with most, I find it offensive that some here continue to make assumptions and speak in general terms about us as a whole.

This moderation was meant to protect the reputation of the President.

No, the moderation was an attempt to right a wrong and stop the endless drama going on on this site lately. We as a BOD and officers are more than just the president and we are all trying to make this place better. We are well aware of peoples opinions and feeling and some of us share them but continuing to jump on and rehash every time there is an issue does nothing to help our current situation.

As a member of the BOD who believes that I am still in pretty good standing with most, I find it offensive that some here continue to make assumptions and speak in general terms about us as a whole.

Matty is right. Just like removing an inflammatory post about anything else, the moderation is never done to protect the reputation of the poster. Quite the contrary the moderation is typically done to protect the reputation of the target, in this case GB. Moderation is a tool to use to prevent unnecessarily negative or derogative posts.

Matty, saltwater people are just passionate about the hobby and the club. It truly makes me sad that so many good members have stepped down and I am sad that we have lost such a great sponsor who contributed so much to the club. Believe it or not, I was not happy to see Micah step down when the forum is in such disarray.

Sorry to contribute to the derailing of your thread Mr. Bret.(backtotopic)

• Like 1

I for one have to say not only that I appreciate the moderators doing their jobs here but I also appreciate this kind of conversation. Things cannot change if the conversation isn't happening.

Rudy has always been a stand up guy and his stock is excellent. I can attest as a long time customer on both the retail and wholesale front and as a competitor on both the retail and wholesale front. Rudy is a top notch guy and deserves nothing but respect.

Disrespecting a sponsor of this club is not ok. Moderating said disrespect is much appreciated. I think the BOD in place is working hard to make sure that this forum continues and that it progresses in the right direction. The club has seen better days but I do think that it will see even better days if the BOD continues to error on the side of ethical practice.

• Like 1

I for one have to say not only that I appreciate the moderators doing their jobs here but I also appreciate this kind of conversation. Things cannot change if the conversation isn't happening.

Rudy has always been a stand up guy and his stock is excellent. I can attest as a long time customer on both the retail and wholesale front and as a competitor on both the retail and wholesale front. Rudy is a top notch guy and deserves nothing but respect.

Disrespecting a sponsor of this club is not ok. Moderating said disrespect is much appreciated. I think the BOD in place is working hard to make sure that this forum continues and that it progresses in the right direction. The club has seen better days but I do think that it will see even better days if the BOD continues to error on the side of ethical practice.

Well said Garrett. My issue is not so much the moderation of this particular thread it is the feeling that the moderation has been unbalanced and unfair. Matty I'm not saying it is coming from you at all. I'm just saying that is my feeling as well as others.

People should not be afraid to speak up and conversations do need to happen and they are not always going to be positive.