Mandinga's SPS tank

Mandinga

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the midas hosting the maxima...she really just perches on the highest point...problem is that whenever i get close to the tank she gets really dark yellow and starts nipping the clam...almost like shes saying, "come one step closer, and i'll kill the clam!"

Shes a devilfish...always bites me.

9dee55a1277ca1c7d5bb55cafd45c1eb.jpg

Nipper!

1f2b04b2e22cfefb5400a1aa29c19f60.jpg

And a cool acan or micro acquired from c&c [emoji7]

4582c3e3179c64445aeb25f8cdb759fd.jpg

Edited by Mandinga

• 4 weeks later...

Open the image in your Google account then right click on the image, then click copy image and just paste the image itself directly into your thread

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Dang. I have been copying the location of the image and then using the handy dandy forum tools.

• 1 month later...

Picked up one of these little porthole lenses after talking with mattv a fee weeks ago...took a few weeks to get here from Hong Kong, but wow this thing is so freaking cool. Iphone pics dont do it justice...anyone who really wants to super geek out on their corals should get one.

Current pest battles:

Blue clove polyps...though there is some subtle beauty about them.

Mojano's- these things really are starting to worry me. What have i tried with success? Removing rock. But yeah they are getting to be pretty much everywhere and dang they have a POWERful sting too. Am thinking of getting a bristletail filefish, but there is alot of coral the filefish may pick at ...

Edited by Mandinga

I am in the same boat, I have those dirty cloves and a  majano or two. Tank looks amazing though, crazy colors in those montis, wish I could get some of those colors in mine. Yours is an SPS dominated tank with thats for sure, fields and forests of montipora. Oh and can you throw out a link to the nifty gadget you are referring to in the post about the porthole.

• Like 1

Yep, here is the porthole.

LINK Ebay is only place I could find it, but its a Fishstreet product.

This is from Fishtreet website, but it doesnt look like its available from them.

image_show.php?image_id=1783&type=super&

so this porthole acts as a "macro" lens? That can then be used on a regular camera, iPhone...etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its modeled after a magnetic cleaner, so it slides around on the glass, or in my case acrylic. Eseentially it is a macro lens of course...it is similar to lenses I have bought from premium aquarium where you look down from the surface...this provides a similar effect from the side of the tank instead.  Gadgety yes, but super easy to use. Definitely not perfect, but a cool idea.

• Like 1

Its modeled after a magnetic cleaner, so it slides around on the glass, or in my case acrylic. Eseentially it is a macro lens of course...it is similar to lenses I have bought from premium aquarium where you look down from the surface...this provides a similar effect from the side of the tank instead. Gadgety yes, but super easy to use. Definitely not perfect, but a cool idea.

Does it have a good focus? Can you focus in images all the way from the front of the tank to the back?

I have also been running a 3 gallon micro tank for the past year, but some weird snail I brought home from the Oregon coast just absolutely shredded my acrylic, so the upgrade was eminent. I went with a rimless 8gallon JBJ setup AIO with ATO, LED, MP10, and a little titanium heater. This is my office tank, so I actually see it more often then my large home tank, so I am trying to do it right:) I just finished swapping it, the water is cloudy and the corals are pissssssted.

Fish seem fine, so we'll see!

059f78bb3aa67cfe821f6d23bb5c98d2.jpg

fb954c50c2e55d637dc329609b6e7100.jpg

Still have tidying up to do

d9844601c1089275e81005ce6c26ebd5.jpg

9428ba2351144ea7921ad2c7d9fe0771.jpg

Its filter time.

575392b04b8bdf21e7434f987422bd41.jpg

Edited by Mandinga