Nano Comp?

ZachS

Nano Comp?  

1. 1.

• Yes I'm in
    • No this is dumb

I dont think heaters will be needed in this one it will be trying to keep temps down.

If you wanted to do a cold water find a cheep used mini fridge and run a supply from a pump line through it and back to the tank or set up your nano in the bottom and cut a hole in the door and replace it with plexi/glass for viewing =) I think that water changes should not be limited if some one wants to change water daily they should be able to that would be quite the task. I think If we do this as a see what we can accomplish as club compitition then we should not have to much trouble with abuse of the rules, as far as some one hooking there tank up to the display and saying "what I am only doing water changes" =)

I love all of the cool Ideas bouncing around here lets keep this up I do believe that we are headed in the right direction.

Jeramy, you might be right when the lights are on, but my house gets down into the 60s at night, even in the summer, not sure just a pump will make that much difference.

minifridge is an interesting idea...if you used 1/4" ID hose, it's 0.258g per 100feet, so you could put a pretty long coil (25-50 ft?) inside the fridge without killing the water volume limit.

Jeramy, are you officially in?

Jeramy, you might be right when the lights are on, but my house gets down into the 60s at night, even in the summer, not sure just a pump will make that much difference.

minifridge is an interesting idea...if you used 1/4" ID hose, it's 0.258g per 100feet, so you could put a pretty long coil (25-50 ft?) inside the fridge without killing the water volume limit.

I feel its safe to say we are going with the 4qt setup so I think i'll start my build today(ish). I was thinking a 6x4x4 which is .48gal and if I were to use an ac20 that would put it at .98 gallons never built my own glass tank but its time to learn

I think you're right, Zach...did you actually measure the volume of the ac20? I think it might be less than 2 quarts (cause that's the 'product dimensions').

point is you might be able to do 6x5x4 or something if you want. good luck with the glass. From everything I know, the important part is getting a good bead of silicone in the actual seams, it's not so much about the part in the corners (though that still helps)

for the record, noob2salt has a pretty cool echinata we could do a group buy of sorts on. at least for everyone who's not going to do it temperate (whistle)(scary)

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?32494-FS-Acan-Echinata-Colony&highlight=echinata

if someone could frag it, it'd make a nice centerpiece. a half decent light, a little mysis for feeding and I bet this would work pretty well...I'm thinking if 4 people or so wanted to do it, it'd only cost them $25 each, they'd get 7ish heads for each person (and remember the $25 doesn't count towards the budget limit)

Ok ac20 filled is only 1 1/2 cups which is about .3 quarts (4 cups in a quart) so this could work well for everyone.

Also the enchinata I'd be in looks pretty cool ( plus at the end it'd look really nice in my display (whistle) )

I also looked into that but I also say read that since it is CW the cycle is longer I read on Oregon Coldwater his cycle took 5 months so I decided against it. I know a femto wouldn't take as long but I will stick with what I know and do a warmwater reef

I have seen that Echinata and its sweet. I think he is selling it because it is stinging everything around it. I would love a piece for my main tank but I would be cautious putting it in such close quarters.

Good to know about the temperte cycle. I had never heard that before

I'm not trying to whine but if the vote goes for sub gallon' date=' I think I may just watch. This one I just set up is about 1.2 gallons and I love it. Still may change my mind, but haven't found anything sub gallon that I like yet.[/quote']

Fill the bottom of it with sand and clear acrylic mix until it's just under a gallon. Then you don't have a substrate to build up detritus and you reduce the tank volume! Just a thought.

Ok, the matter how I know the numbers around, accounting for rock, sand and pump, I come out to around 4200 mL or roughly 1.1 gallons of water. Turns out it's closer to 1.4 gallons without subtracting anything. Oh well. Maybe after I factor in live stock and filter materials I can get bellow 1 gallon of water DOH! (laugh)

I have a small tank that used to have some guppies in it that is bout 2 gallons. I was going to get every thing set up in it then take a gallon of salt water and dump it in and make a mark on the side and use that as my fill line that way I can still put a top on it and have some room for gas exchange =) I would put the value of the tank at $2. it is 11.5"x5.5"x7.5"

for the record, noob2salt has a pretty cool echinata we could do a group buy of sorts on. at least for everyone who's not going to do it temperate (whistle)(scary)

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?32494-FS-Acan-Echinata-Colony&highlight=echinata

if someone could frag it, it'd make a nice centerpiece. a half decent light, a little mysis for feeding and I bet this would work pretty well...I'm thinking if 4 people or so wanted to do it, it'd only cost them $25 each, they'd get 7ish heads for each person (and remember the $25 doesn't count towards the budget limit)

Sounds like a great idea to me...(whistle)

Woohoo I think I have a plan (drinking)

I found a nice vessel to use (two of them actually, we will see which works better). They are not your standard squares so I did the take a gallon just to it test and have enough volume left for a filter (dancing) Much more to do but I'm on a good road. I think (scary)

I think I just secured my minifridge for $25, not to get a big roll of airline hose and see if my aqualifter still works.

I've been talking to Josh @ coldwatermarineaquatics.com about this, I think I can make it work! he said the cycle shouldn't be an issue (I can take cycled rock and sand and a gallon of water from his store, so it shouldn't cycle much at all).

my idea about using my 90g's water for water changes is probably out though...

I think I just secured my minifridge for $25, not to get a big roll of airline hose and see if my aqualifter still works.

I've been talking to Josh @ coldwatermarineaquatics.com about this, I think I can make it work! he said the cycle shouldn't be an issue (I can take cycled rock and sand and a gallon of water from his store, so it shouldn't cycle much at all).

my idea about using my 90g's water for water changes is probably out though...

If you can do a quick cycle like that, why don't we make that a requirement and making the cycle time like 1 week before adding livestock?.