Nano Comp?

ZachS

Nano Comp?  

1. 1.

• Yes I'm in
    • No this is dumb

Yeah, let's see those shot glass tanks!

Or the water droplet tank with a single copepod living in it!

Well I was gonna have more than one in there, they get lonely you know ;)

and how do you you do water changes? heat it? feed phyto?

(nutty)

but seriously, what's this mysterious extra-tiny idea?

I havn't decided how tiny I'm going to go, but I've had an anemone in a vase on my window sill since december only eating phtyo plankton and tigroprius that are growing in there with him and all is well :D The vases are a bit green from all the pyhto plankton reproducing, but I'm going to use small bivalves to clean the water.

Gotta dig around and see if my larger shrimp are still alive in there.

Yeah, let's see those shot glass tanks!

Or the water droplet tank with a single copepod living in it!

Well I was gonna have more than one in there, they get lonely you know ;)

and how do you you do water changes? heat it? feed phyto?

(nutty)

but seriously, what's this mysterious extra-tiny idea?

I havn't decided how tiny I'm going to go, but I've had an anemone in a vase on my window sill since december only eating phtyo plankton and tigroprius that are growing in there with him and all is well :D The vases are a bit green from all the pyhto plankton reproducing, but I'm going to use small bivalves to clean the water.

Gotta dig around and see if my larger shrimp are still alive in there.

I think it might be to big a project for me at the moment, I'm probably going with something a little more conventional.

I have a question though; can the gallon be spread out into multiple systems? IE can you have a row of shot glasses or a pair of mason jars?

I think it might be to big a project for me at the moment, I'm probably going with something a little more conventional.

I have a question though; can the gallon be spread out into multiple systems? IE can you have a row of shot glasses or a pair of mason jars?

The rules only state one gallon or under. I would think if you can imagine it do it!

Alright I think I have my tank figured out

100_0069.jpg

I still have to do the wet test to make sure that the vase can support the filter but I think this will work.

For the filter I bought a 100ml bag of Purigen and I was think of doing a small fuge above that. Does this sound like a good plan or is there a better method I should be using?

You probably don't need that much purigen' date=' in fact, it might be too much. I'd get a bulk container of it and a mesh bag. I think you need less than a tablespoon.[/quote']

Good news at that rate my 100ml bag should last for the whole compitition. I'll pick up a small mesh bag next time I'm out.

You probably don't need that much purigen' date=' in fact, it might be too much. I'd get a bulk container of it and a mesh bag. I think you need less than a tablespoon.[/quote']

Good news at that rate my 100ml bag should last for the whole compitition. I'll pick up a small mesh bag next time I'm out.

I would do it if the budget did not dictate that you could only spend $20 on the vessile itself...I have a little AIO that is less then 1.5 gallons and would be perfect just sitting around, but it cost more then $20. I also think the budget should be more...I mean, really getting stuff for 100 to fill a tank is not really hard to do quickly.

I loved the idea that its not based on someone putting the most expensive livestock in the tank, but the person that has the most creative way of doing the tank...and honestly, your pretty limited in the AIO set up you can get for under 1.5 gallons...I think by limiting the budget so much and the tank so much, I dont think it allows people to be supre creative. Its limiting actually...Ive seen some amazing systems on budgets, compared to drap systems with unlimited funds...its really about the person putting it together...I was actually looking forward to this until I saw how limiting the actual contest is...

So the budget was opened as $120 for everything (not counting sessile inverts). Volume is 1g cause that's the whole point, money limit is cause most of us don't have money to burn...feel free to make any tank you want for yourself tho!

Sent using Forum Runner