Nano Comp?

ZachS

Nano Comp?  

1. 1.

• Yes I'm in
    • No this is dumb

I just ordered the azoo mignon 60, $14 (plus shipping)...should be interesting. I was gonna do an AC20, but fear it will be too wide for my vase.

I'll see about temperate vs tropical...leaning temperate, but we'll see.

I've been debating between that one and the AC20. I might just order one of each and decide then.

Or I'll go with just an airstone and do really big water changes.

So the budget was opened as $120 for everything (not counting sessile inverts). Volume is 1g cause that's the whole point, money limit is cause most of us don't have money to burn...feel free to make any tank you want for yourself tho!

Sent using Forum Runner

again you contradict the entire thing, by saying it does not matter whats put in the tank that will determine a winner...but yet you limit cost of vessile and limit the amount of what you can actually put in there to $120...so what I can put a shrimp and yellow polyps? c'mon $120 gets you nothing these days anymore...

Yes I know I can build whatever tank I want...I have 3 set up right now...but my thought behind this contest is that its to kind of encourage to set something up that is small and does not take alot of space and people can do it on the cheap if they want, and that wont hurt them on winning or not...

so if I buy a vessile and spend another 25 on a filter out of my $120 budget, I have 95 to spend...that is really not much at all to buy livestock with...

I think you get what you accomplish by limiting the size to 1 gallon and putting the rule in there cost of things in the tank will not factor you winning, that allows people who do not have a ton of money to mess with, to play as well...but if you dont think so...then I guess not...I am telling you, you are absolutley hindering major cerativity, with crazy small limits...

I'm sorry you hate what we're doing, but it would have made more of a difference before we actually started the thing. There's over 200posts on his thread and you didn't say a word till the 11th hour. If you don't like it, don't participate, no one is forcing you to.

And, for the record, I plan on my livestock costing less than $30, not counting rock and sessile inverts so I think it's very easy to stay in the budget

Sent using Forum Runner

I'm sorry you hate what we're doing, but it would have made more of a difference before we actually started the thing. There's over 200posts on his thread and you didn't say a word till the 11th hour. If you don't like it, don't participate, no one is forcing you to.

And, for the record, I plan on my livestock costing less than $30, not counting rock and sessile inverts so I think it's very easy to stay in the budget

Sent using Forum Runner

The reason it was posted late is because I just saw it...I do NOT hate what your doing, I am sorry if it came across that way, but I just think that there should be more freedom is all...I am still considering participating...but not sure...I guess I was wanting to do the rare an unsual and that tends to come with a premium price tag, so that limits me. Again, I do not HATE the idea...I love these type of things...

• 3 weeks later...
I've been debating between that one and the AC20. I might just order one of each and decide then.

Or I'll go with just an airstone and do really big water changes.

AC 20 all they way. I have used both and they just don't compare. You may have to dial it down but that should be no problem because it has an adjustable intake. I would get one but they are $40.

P.S. the azoo dosnt even have the strength to start itself. IE you have to prime it.

OMG!!! I committed a cardinal sin (IMO) by looking at the ac 20 on dr foster and smith. 16.95!!! This is exactly why so many LFSs go out of business. :(

EDIT: On that note look at what animal house in Oregon city has for $29.99

6c2ac780.jpg

I was wondering if there shouldn't be a requirement to post a pic with your vessel/filter and a gallon jug it was filled from. This would show how much water is left in the jug or if the vessel is in fact more than a gallon. I only say this because some of the setups look rather large. It's very hard to tell from a pic though, since they all vary so much on shape.

I am curious what everyone thinks about extending the sessile invertebrate exemption from the budget to encompass ALL livestock. I feel this would make for much more interesting setups as well as level the playing field between reef and FOWLR femtos.

Hey guys, I'm going to have to bow out of the competition. I've got too many things going on this week, and don't have time this weekend to set up the tank. I'll set up my tank and share the build with everyone, but it might not be until next month. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's tanks!

I am curious what everyone thinks about extending the sessile invertebrate exemption from the budget to encompass ALL livestock. I feel this would make for much more interesting setups as well as level the playing field between reef and FOWLR femtos.

sounds reasonable to me, but we'd need to have everyone agree on it to make the change this late (I think). Gill, how about you send a PM to everyone in the comp to tell them to post their vote in this thread (or start a new thread with a poll). we'll make voting close sunday at midnight so we still have a little time for last minute adjustments to our equipment.

Hey guys' date=' I'm going to have to bow out of the competition. I've got too many things going on this week, and don't have time this weekend to set up the tank. I'll set up my tank and share the build with everyone, but it might not be until next month. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's tanks![/quote']

sad to hear...you're our small-tank master with your 10g and 2g, glad you'll still set one up though.

Is there any way we can extend the date for Islandoftiki and Jeramy? I would hate for them to miss out just because of bad timing. I have little shot of winning and I'm in it for the fun' date=' the more the merrier :)[/quote']

I was thinking the exact same thing. :)

Is there any way we can extend the date for Islandoftiki and Jeramy? I would hate for them to miss out just because of bad timing. I have little shot of winning and I'm in it for the fun' date=' the more the merrier :)[/quote']

fine with me, how about as long as they meet the end-of-september-done-stocking rule?

Up to you guys. I can probably have mine up by the 22nd. With the summer weather suddenly starting on July 4th, there are a ton of things we have to do now that it's not raining. I can find time next week though.