The Clam Hotel: Sand Bed & Breakfast

grassi

I will definitely grab another guy next time as well. It would be nice to have one more hand just to open doors, take pics, move light fixtures, moral support. etc.

I didn't know quite what to expect, but its a live and learn hobby we are in for sure. :)

Now I have 2 months to figure out how to tell the (wife) that i have a giant clam and its not for dinner. (scary)

if it is anthing like my house, i can just see how it will go(wife)(fishhit)(wife)

Phyto was ok... Luigi didn't move. With oyster eggs it went crazy. It moved 5 inches and I had to put some plexy on the top of the tank. At least 1/4 of a gallon was on the floor.

It was pulsing like crazy, making some freaking noise against the glass.

Frank was right lol

Phyto was ok... Luigi didn't move. With oyster eggs it went crazy. It moved 5 inches and I had to put some plexy on the top of the tank. At least 1/4 of a gallon was on the floor.

It was pulsing like crazy, making some freaking noise against the glass.

Frank was right lol

Wow it's like have a toddler! Let me know if you want some more plexyglass.

I think we are good. I will probably put some rubber mat under it. The clam looks really happy. Colors are stunning. I just have to be careful when feeding :)

It opened ad least 2 more inches compared to the pics I took this afternoon.

I cleaned it even more. It will be shiny by the time your tank is ready :)

I'll keep 4 eyes at calcium, this is probably the only problem we could have. Let me know when you want to come by and see it :)

Relatively low to what you see in most of the other tanks. I keep it at 2,5 meq/l (or 7 in the german scale) less or more as NSW.

Ca is always 500+

Ph between 7,9 and 8,4

Mg 1350/1400

Temp always less than 79

Orp at about 400

And I have nitrates at 0

After a few months spent trying to get the "perfect" numbers I just noticed that my corals and fish were super happy in terms of colors and growth. So I decided to stay were I'm at.

I recently expanded the system from about 100 gallons to about 250 gallons and I got more stability and even better results. Sps started to grow even more and the brown mystery sps I got in november colored up as well

Even if the system is more than double I keep doing weekly water changes.

I don't have a ca reactor, just kalk

Relatively low to what you see in most of the other tanks. I keep it at 2,5 meq/l (or 7 in the german scale) less or more as NSW.

Ca is always 500+

Ph between 7,9 and 8,4

Mg 1350/1400

Temp always less than 79

Orp at about 400

And I have nitrates at 0

After a few months spent trying to get the "perfect" numbers I just noticed that my corals and fish were super happy in terms of colors and growth. So I decided to stay were I'm at.

I recently expanded the system from about 100 gallons to about 250 gallons and I got more stability and even better results. Sps started to grow even more and the brown mystery sps I got in november colored up as well

Thanks Alex. Alot of those numbers look familiar. So I will continue to look elsewhere as I believe I can do better. But since we share similar readings and my growth isn't great maybe I need to have a full gamit of tests run. I do not own every test kit in the world.

Ca is always 500+

Ph between 7,9 and 8,4

Mg 1350/1400

Temp always less than 79

Orp at about 400

And I have nitrates at 0

alex all your stuff always looks so nice i have always wondered what you ran your paramerters at.