The Clam Hotel: Sand Bed & Breakfast

grassi

I was wondering what we should do about the substrate... I never had a tridacna giga.

I always seen them on some sort of sand or rubble. In case it would be a good idea to have some sort of container for an inch or 2 of rubble.

So when it is time to go home it is gonna be easy to move that thing

Looking good. Thinking of peeling the blue backing off my tank' date=' and giving it a coat of black. What paint did you use? I've got some black latex semi gloss sitting around that I'm thinking will work.[/quote']

I probably wouldn't recommend latex paint since its usually water base and wont hold up to salt water. Most use something like Krylon Fusion or similar spray paint and it works just fine.

Went to alex's house with the light and helped hook up a section of hard to reach plumbing. Those long skinny arms come in handy sometimes. Water test was succesful! yay. Then we started to visualize how we would get a very large clam down into a basement and into a tank thats top sits about 5feet up.

Things are coming together, Thanks to Alex putting this together, always going the extra mile for the cause of a saltwater animal. :)

nice looks like the lights should be sufficient. Now don't be filling that tank all the way up with SPS frags' date=' we still gotta put a clam in there. :)[/quote']

no problem, he can just add another 40b. there's enough empty taps to hook up to the valve tree he has going on there.

Awsome set up you have Alex(rock2)