Downhill's 200g Starfire Marineland Deep Dimension

downhill_biker

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would throw some pics up of the bike...since that is the other thing I do.

The first pic is what I use for my avatar, its a 26 mile cross country ride that I was on around Waldo Lake in Oregon. It was hell, I was puking and passed out by the end, but the view was amazing.

WaldoLakeandCoast017.jpg

Here is a pic of me at Falls City/Blackrock Freeride Park in Oregon. It was a ton of fun riding at Blackrock.

cj2.jpg

Ryan, they say to do 2/gallon, and my tank is 200g, so I got a few extra just in case...

snowpunk, I was just kidding. I think I ended up with like 600(he ships extra to cover DOA), stopped counting at like 560 and there were a bunch left. They are much cheaper than the vibex. I think I paid $50 shipped for 500+.

Ryan, they say to do 2/gallon, and my tank is 200g, so I got a few extra just in case...

snowpunk, I was just kidding. I think I ended up with like 600(he ships extra to cover DOA), stopped counting at like 560 and there were a bunch left. They are much cheaper than the vibex. I think I paid $50 shipped for 500+.

What! that is crazy... I would have thought a lot higher... good to know...

What! that is crazy... I would have thought a lot higher... good to know...

Ya its a good price. Many people dont like them as much as nassarius vibex because they are not used to tropical temps. They live in 70 degree water, and they say it stresses them. But whatever, these snails eat algae like crazy on the glass and rocks, and clean the sandbed. Snails die, and I like replacing them with cheap snails...

In my experience they live just as long as any other variety. They are perhaps my favorite snail though it is a hard decision as they all good for slightly different things.

i got a bunch of them from you when you had them. they worked great for me before so i figured i would go with them again. they are a good all around snail. i have taken a lot of tricks and tips from you on this build.

undrtkr_00, my snail pile is bigger than yours.

Last night I was checking on my sump and macroalgae, when I noticed something floating around in the sump. It was my sixline wrasse that has been gone for a month. I thought it jumped out of the tank and died, but apparently it landed in the overflow and has been hanging out in the sump for quite some time. He was probably happy down there, but he is now back in the display tank again.

How big was that ball of algae Garrett? It must have been a serious chunk of algae!

Eric, I dont like covers, they block light, and gas exchange. But I guess if you need a cover eggcrate is probably the best for those two things.

Whats crazy is that this fish went through like 30' of pvc before making it to the sump in the basement. I am surprised he didn't get into the return, but I guess he didn't want to die.

I just wanted to update with some pics of a few of my corals. This is by no means all of them, but I didn't want to take up 20 pages of pics...lol. I will update more later. Full tank shots dont show any of these corals, because they are all frags and look tiny in a 200g reef!

Undata

corals041.jpg

Purple Polyp Monti

corals055.jpg

Superman

corals030.jpg

Setosa

corals015.jpg

Sunset

corals012.jpg

Purple Haze

corals036.jpg