I love Portland traffic!!!

pdxmonkeyboy

Big thank you to my husband, for supporting my stay-at-home life of luxury, and driving 90% of the time we go somewhere together. Traffic is a [language filter], and not going to get better anytime soon.

Good luck to all of you battling on the roads day after day. May your lane always be fastest, and any insurance payouts in your favor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure that's a good thing with how crappy portlanders are at driving. I can see a few more deaths with lane splitting which will cause the morons in control of the state to further reduce speed limits and add more road diets. The people in charge of Portland want no cars, that is their ultimate goal.

• Like 1

The best way to fix it is to add more bicycle lanes 🤣

If they would close the on ramp from the Rose Quarter  so it is not mish-mash of people trying to get on I-5 and I-5 folks trying to get on 84, and close the I-5 on ramp from Jantzen Beach during peak traffic times that would help. 

Edited by Sailingeric
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Oregonic said:

Thank god we may get legal lane splitting here, HB2314. 

I emailed the legislature about that one.  My fingers are crossed, but since ODOT is opposed to it... not sure if it is going to make it to a vote. 

The Rose quarter expansion would help SOOOO much, the people that are getting on I-84 and the City/Center morrison street exits need there own LANE!!   I-5 is essentially one lane through the rose quarter.  And when it is proposed..people say we should focus on alternative transportation methods.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

The Rose quarter expansion would help SOOOO much, the people that are getting on I-84 and the City/Center morrison street exits need there own LANE!!   I-5 is essentially one lane through the rose quarter.  And when it is proposed..people say we should focus on alternative transportation methods.  

This right here ^

As for lane splitting - I HATED that as a driver in CA but I understand its appeal to motorcyclists.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

Not sure that's a good thing with how crappy portlanders are at driving. I can see a few more deaths with lane splitting which will cause the morons in control of the state to further reduce speed limits and add more road diets. The people in charge of Portland want no cars, that is their ultimate goal.

7 hours ago, albertareef said:

This right here ^

As for lane splitting - I HATED that as a driver in CA but I understand its appeal to motorcyclists.

The bill will only allow lane splitting on the freeway and the motorcyclist can not exceed 15mph. It would only be relevant in stop and go traffic. The most dangerous thing for a motorcyclist in stop and go traffic is getting rear ended and pinched between 2 cars. A side swipe is substantially less dangerous and causes less bodily harm on average.  Responsible lane splitting saves lives and has been proven to do so world wide. Irresponsible lane splitting is stupid. 

• Like 1

The bill will only allow lane splitting on the freeway and the motorcyclist can not exceed 15mph. It would only be relevant in stop and go traffic. The most dangerous thing for a motorcyclist in stop and go traffic is getting rear ended and pinched between 2 cars. A side swipe is substantially less dangerous and causes less bodily harm on average.  Responsible lane splitting saves lives and has been proven to do so world wide. Irresponsible lane splitting is stupid. 
This is the truth right there. How many retards are texting, or reading forums in stop and go traffic. 90%. They inch forward, never see the bike in front of them..WHAM!! I would take a 70mph runoff into the brush over a 10mph rear end ANY DAY. Motorcycles dont have whiplash protection like cars do.

I used to never do it but now I lane split ALL THE TIME. I'm not going nuts or anything, just crusing slowly through traffic, giving people the thumbs up that give me a little more space. The call it filtering for a reason, we are using the narrow spaces that you can't. Plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

This is the truth right there. How many retards are texting, or reading forums in stop and go traffic. 90%. They inch forward, never see the bike in front of them..WHAM!! I would take a 70mph runoff into the brush over a 10mph rear end ANY DAY. Motorcycles dont have whiplash protection like cars do.

I used to never do it but now I lane split ALL THE TIME. I'm not going nuts or anything, just crusing slowly through traffic, giving people the thumbs up that give me a little more space. The call it filtering for a reason, we are using the narrow spaces that you can't. Plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea I am guilty of doing it in heavy traffic especially when its hot af. Nothing worse then sitting in the hot sun not moving, heat stroke is real especially when you have no roof to provide shade. I may not always be the most responsible rider, my bike identifies as a unicycle sometimes, but when I lane split I do it responsibly and try to be considerate to other motorist.

I’m all for lane splitting if people do it safely and are not idiots about it, as far as the emergency lane, that’s all bad, most cars that whip into the emergency lane are doing so in a manner not looking or expecting a car or bike to be mobbing in it, also it’s littered with wood, trash, nails, glass etc.
But just like with irresponsible people in cars, the guys going 80 bobbing and weaving and lane splitting may ruin it for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1