ideas for february meeting

pdxmonkeyboy

Ideas:

Aquascaping

Lighting 101 (seriously dumb it down for me)

Poisonous corals that shoot sh** in your eye (oh yeah, we just did that)

Selling/shipping frags (tips on types of corals that ship well, bagging, shipping materials)

How to tell if your tank is about to fail and what to do about it (glass/acrylic, seams, braces, etc)

Planning for the worst (aka backup power sources)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gil&Fin said:

Ideas:

Aquascaping

Lighting 101 (seriously dumb it down for me)

Poisonous corals that shoot sh** in your eye (oh yeah, we just did that)

Selling/shipping frags (tips on types of corals that ship well, bagging, shipping materials)

How to tell if your tank is about to fail and what to do about it (glass/acrylic, seams, braces, etc)

Planning for the worst (aka backup power sources)

Cutting Coral

Making Aquariums -or- sumps ~In line with telling if your aquarium is about to fail

Different types of pests from the aquarium trade

Chaeto and Macro Algae 

Sump Design?

• Like 1

Dang!!! I was thinking about voting Aquascaping. I am always looking for new ideas that are animal and equipment conscientious when setting up new tanks. I have got the Fruit Stand, The Wall, The Island, and even The Volcano. But lately I hear that less is more so maybe I can pick up some pointers from the members and yourself at this meet since as you mentioned this could be a difficult subject to cover without pictures.

If you are down to run through your coral QT procedures that would be a nice refresher to many of us. I honestly think all the subjects presented will make for some good conversation matter.

yeah ok, I can cover some of the basics of aquascaping. It seems that nobody remembers the rule of 3rds. plus, my tanks aquascaping doesnt really follow the rule of 3rds. I needed more real estate for corals!!

I will get some photos and stuff togther, I can play them on the TV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1