Berghia Nudibranch?

Jfruity24

We got a 25 pack of them for our sea horse tank 1 week ago and i can already see results. The rock we initially placed them all on is now aiptasia free. Plenty of others for them to move on to. Hopefully after they have had a hatch in the tank we can start farming them out to people. Will also post when we can do that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bobbi said:

Wouldn't mind one too lol

My understanding is that you need more than one because they need to breed to keep up with aiptasia.  This site has a calculator to estimate the number you'd need for your tank size and infestation level:

https://saltyunderground.com/category/berghia-qanda
(scroll about half way down the page)

17 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

^ Yes, I'd be upset with Anastasia in my tank as well. A little optimistic to think you're going to find these nudibranchs and pull them out to share though...

I think wouldn't be to hard. I was in last night at 9pm to work on stuff and being the first night there since we put them in i had to see if i could find any. Found 6 big ones working around.  I figure once they have populated i can remove some the same way i put them in.......with a turkey baster and deposit them into a tall glass jar in the sump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBret said:

I think wouldn't be to hard. I was in last night at 9pm to work on stuff and being the first night there since we put them in i had to see if i could find any. Found 6 big ones working around.  I figure once they have populated i can remove some the same way i put them in.......with a turkey baster and deposit them into a tall glass jar in the sump.

Bret, do you have any wrasses in that tank?  Wondering how well they survive (if at all) with daytime predators.

It is our sea horse only tank.........just seahorses, some nassarius snails a few astrias and now the berghia. I watched the seahorses check them out when first putting in the tank and they didn't seem interested in having a bite. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, albertareef said:

Bret, do you have any wrasses in that tank?  Wondering how well they survive (if at all) with daytime predators.

From what I hear if you have a wrasse they will become a snack pretty quickly........

I wanted to try but have a few I decided it was an expensive experiment.......

• Like 1

I put about 12 in my 120 gallon tank about a year ago that had a mild aptasia population that contains several wrasses.  They wiped out the aptasia in less than a month but I never did see them after I put them in my tank so I couldn't pass them on.  I also added 6 to my small refugium that was full of aptasia.  They did get rid of them in that tank too but now they are returning.  No return of the aptasia still in my 120.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1