Chalice morphing, or...

MrBret

I have had this happen a few different times. It happens for a bad reason but i am always very happy with the results. The 2 or 3 times it has happened over the years is when my alk goes down to 6 for a few day, then i catch it. The frags tissue recedes a bit and the frag is pretty much pissed off. The green from the eyes at that point looks like it is bleeding into the rest of the frag. After the alk comes back up to normal range and the frag heal / gets happy again, they look like the second picture.  I realy like the way they are colored up after healing. They just look cool alien blood infected or something. Anyone else ever have this happen?20160223_094251-1_zpszpwko9bj.jpg20160606_180535_zpsjwmol9oh.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I thought this the first time he posted it as I have had many corals Ruined from getting Green Fluorescent Proteins but I did not want to burst any bubbles. I have had Fungias, chalices, and acans lose their colors to a dominant Green...Always wished it was a red or blue instead.

• Like 1

I thought this the first time he posted it as I have had many corals Ruined from getting Green Fluorescent Proteins but I did not want to burst any bubbles. I have had Fungias, chalices, and acans lose their colors to a dominant Green...Always wished it was a red or blue instead.

shoot I would take yellow. As red and yellow are what my tank needs most of
  • Like 1