which tank to use? AP24 or solana 34G

jason7504

do you have a media rack in chamber 1 or are they just layered in there?

ok because my tank will have:

chamber 1-skimmer and heater

chamber 2- fuge and filter floss on top of drip plate

chamber 3- return pump, RowaPhos and ATO

There was no rack in there just layered them in place.

ok..how often do you change your filter floss?

The tank is no longer but when it was running for 6 months at least I think (there is a thread in members tanks) I would change out the floss ever 2 weeks. I did not run a skimmer in it so would do a 40% water change every 2 weeks and change out the floss also. In the end I think I would push a month or so as the tank was ready to come down as my son lost interest in it(sad) Bio load in it was good also as he loved gobys and had a randels, high fin and also a diamond at the same time. Also a pistol shrimp and a fire shrimp along with a maroon clown and a RBTA. A good CUC and everything was good in there.

The tank is no longer but when it was running for 6 months at least I think (there is a thread in members tanks) I would change out the floss ever 2 weeks. I did not run a skimmer in it so would do a 40% water change every 2 weeks and change out the floss also. In the end I think I would push a month or so as the tank was ready to come down as my son lost interest in it(sad) Bio load in it was good also as he loved gobys and had a randels' date=' high fin and also a diamond at the same time. Also a pistol shrimp and a fire shrimp along with a maroon clown and a RBTA. A good CUC and everything was good in there.[/quote']

oh thats too bad that he lost interest but us reefers always come back :D haha i have came back like 3 times now lol :)..how old's your son?

Yep, looks like aptasia to me. Nuke them while they are still small.

I use Kalk paste. Take some kalk (pickleing lime) and make a thick paste (think toothpaste) and smother the buggers with it. Leave it in place for about a week. Remove the hardened kalk and REPEAT! If you don't do it again there may be some flesh that survived and it will re-grow.

On the good side, at least it is not mojano. Those are immortal.

dsoz

Yep, looks like aptasia to me. Nuke them while they are still small.

I use Kalk paste. Take some kalk (pickleing lime) and make a thick paste (think toothpaste) and smother the buggers with it. Leave it in place for about a week. Remove the hardened kalk and REPEAT! If you don't do it again there may be some flesh that survived and it will re-grow.

On the good side, at least it is not mojano. Those are immortal.

dsoz

and that really works? can i get some at the store so i dont have to get the pet store stuff?

I have never been stung by an aptasia when kalking it. Gloves only for those highly alergic to them. You don't know if you are alergic until one gets you though.

I found out that I am mildly alergic to frogspawn stings. If one brushes up against the inside of my wrist I get small bumps like mosquito bites and a short-term rash.

dsoz

I have never been stung by an aptasia when kalking it. Gloves only for those highly alergic to them. You don't know if you are alergic until one gets you though.

I found out that I am mildly alergic to frogspawn stings. If one brushes up against the inside of my wrist I get small bumps like mosquito bites and a short-term rash.

dsoz

oh that sucks! i hope i dont find out if im allergic to them lol..

wouldnt the kalk only work if you get it in the mouth though?