which tank to use? AP24 or solana 34G

jason7504

Alright.... What about 2 Nanostream 6025? Would that be too much IYO?

Sam

2 nanostreams would work great. Mod them and look out hope the sand stays put. My nanostream is modded in my oceanis and I have it 3/4 down on the back wall facing up and it ripples the top of the tank great. Only way I could point it so the sand would stay put.

Scott,

What kind of mod are you talking about? How much of an increase in flow? Does it increase the noise?

Do you think (2) stock 6025's would be appropriate? It's going to be primarily SPS.

Also, I think a 150W HQI Lumen Max 3 with a Radium would be perfect light for this tank, do you wanna build a light tree? :) If so, shoot me a PM!

I'm a couple weeks out at least.

--------------------

Also, if anyone can describe how to get to that thread on RC, I would really appreciate it. The link posted doesn't take me anywhere, and I'm actually banned from RC, so I can't use the search engine there. lol. LONG STORY....

dstone, do you keep the filter floss in the 2nd chamber to help with the micro bubbles of the skimmer?

ive seen alot of people running a phosban reactor with a solana but i never did with Nanocubes or AP's..does it really help if you run it with carbon or a phosphate remover? i was just thinking of putting a filter bag in there with some phosphate remover..

i heard that removing the filter pad and bio balls around the skimmer will make it nosier but i dont want to risk building up nitrates and phosphates so im thinking about taking them out..do you think i should?

Thank you so much!!

Alright the long story:

Sunlight Supply used to have a sponsor forum on RC. I ran it for a year or so.... Andy from Ice-Cap and I never got along. I can't really go into detail, but we had a few heated discussions in person at trade shows. He talked some trash about me on his forum... I called him out and referred to one of our little battles in person, and proceeded to flame him. It ended up in a lawsuit.. We threatened to sue Ice-Cap for stealing our design on the Tek reflector.

Andy decided to talk about that online, which made us look like the bad guys. People started talking trash to me all the time on there over that, and I responded multiple times. It got to the point where we closed our forum, took our banner away, and left RC..... For the next 6 months, RC continued to bill us for the forum and banner. Something like 600 bucks a month... I personally cussed out the mod Rbaker (also does the billing) on the phone after he threatened to send us to collections for not paying our bill. It made no sense, we were no longer advertising, there was never any agreement or contract whatsoever... It was a month to month deal!

That led to me being perma-banned. The crazy part is I can't get around it. No matter what email address I use or create just for my account, no luck... I can never create an account.. My roommates account won't even work from my house. I thought IP's changed, so I really don't get it.

Thank you so much!!

Alright the long story:

Sunlight Supply used to have a sponsor forum on RC. I ran it for a year or so.... Andy from Ice-Cap and I never got along. I can't really go into detail, but we had a few heated discussions in person at trade shows. He talked some trash about me on his forum... I called him out and referred to one of our little battles in person, and proceeded to flame him. It ended up in a lawsuit.. We threatened to sue Ice-Cap for stealing our design on the Tek reflector.

Andy decided to talk about that online, which made us look like the bad guys. People started talking trash to me all the time on there over that, and I responded multiple times. It got to the point where we closed our forum, took our banner away, and left RC..... For the next 6 months, RC continued to bill us for the forum and banner. Something like 600 bucks a month... I personally cussed out the mod Rbaker (also does the billing) on the phone after he threatened to send us to collections for not paying our bill. It made no sense, we were no longer advertising, there was never any agreement or contract whatsoever... It was a month to month deal!

That led to me being perma-banned. The crazy part is I can't get around it. No matter what email address I use or create just for my account, no luck... I can never create an account.. My roommates account won't even work from my house. I thought URL's changed, so I really don't get it.

man that sucks!! but im with you Samat..you shouldn't have gotten harassed for the bill when you werent advertising with them anymore..

You are banned by your IP :(. Not much you can do about it.

Yeah, but don't they change all the time?? Jerks!

I'm getting excited for this tank. The stand PERFECTLY matches the stuff in my bedroom. I have my 90 still, so I'm going to be able to pull water from it, frags, etc.. I can't wait to fire this baby up!