which tank to use? AP24 or solana 34G

jason7504

FWIW, I don't think upgrading the return is all that important. I've always preferred slower flow through the filtration, you get better contact time in the skimmer, quieter overflow, etc...

You should ramp up the circulation in tank with some powerheads. After doing a bunch of research, it looks like Koralias or Tunze's are the best bet.

FWIW, I don't think upgrading the return is all that important. I've always preferred slower flow through the filtration, you get better contact time in the skimmer, quieter overflow, etc...

You should ramp up the circulation in tank with some powerheads. After doing a bunch of research, it looks like Koralias or Tunze's are the best bet.

well the return pump has more flow than a MJ1200 but im just worried about the heat. im not sure how much wattage the stock pump has(it doesn't say) but the MJ doesn't have much.

yeah i will be using a K1 and a tunze 6045, with a total of 1900g/h so 58x the tank volume :)

yup i can't wait :)..i will post a thread in the members tanks section too :)

more questions...

1) those of you that have a solana, do you keep the top baffle on above the fuge?

2) and where do you put filter floss? above the fuge?

because im thinking about keeping the top baffle/drip tray so i can put some filter floss on top of it. Im not sure where to put the chemi pure because if you put it on top so that the chemi pure takes out some nutrients in the water before it goes into the fuge, wont the chateo not get enough nutrients?

so should I put the chemi pure in the return chamber instead?